Thursday, June 26, 2008

City of Champions Part II

Here is the second installment of our trip to Boston. If you don't care about the Celtics, don't read this.


PART II: CHAMPIONS
One of the best parts of our trip is that we got to be in Boston to watch the Celtics win it all! There are so many things that made the victory especially sweet (beating LA, Doc Rivers' whole story, beating Kobe, preventing Phil Jackson from getting his 10th ring, etc). Matthew has to be one of the biggest Celtics fans on the planet (he never abandoned them- last year's draft was the worst day of his life until they got Garnett) and the photo below is what he came up to show us how proud he was.

We had a photo shoot in our Celtics apparel after they won it all. We also ran into Glen "Big Baby" Davis in the Cheesecake Factory the day after the big win. He was waiting for a table and we were getting cheesecake to bring home. Daniel wouldn't let me take a picture of him since he was with his family. I guess that is respectful but I am disappointed I don't have photographic proof. Just know that I sat next to him on a bench and told him I hate Vujacic.

A few days later we went to the Celtics' victory parade. I was a little afraid we wouldn't be able to see anything since I went to the Patriots' victory rally in 2002 and waited with thousands of people for hours only to see absolutely nothing.
I guess this is me being afraid. There was no need for me to fear; we waited about 1/2 hour and then the duck boats rolled by. We could see everything and the total time from when we left my parents' house until we arrived back was only about an hour and a half.
The beginning of the parade. I forgot to pick up pieces of confetti for my scrapbook. Dang.
Paul Pierce with his Finals MVP trophy and cigar tribute to Red.
Doc! Who knows who most of the other people on the boat are? PJ Brown is at the front
This was the best picture Daniel got of Garnett with the trophy. Stupid Wyc was blocking him with the championship banner when he was facing our side of the street.
Ray Allen. He is my favorite. That's right Pollard, enjoy that win.
Danny Ainge. Now everyone loves him. Boston fans are just generally fickle. If the Celtics lose next year I am sure the press will be back to hating him.
Rondo looks like he is about 12. Oh Rajon.

0 comments: