So since our last kickball game we haven't posted anything which I am guessing has led to, less for Courtney to do at work, and probably made you think that without kickball we don't have lives. Well I have a news flash for you Walter Cronkite, we do have lives. O.k. so we haven't really done too much, but we did have a BBQ, play volleyball, and played tennis today so thats not too bad.
Now some random thoughts from the last few days. Sorry they are long and don't make much sense.
1. It will be interesting to see what kinds of music our kids like because for the most part Carly and I really don't like the others music. There are some exceptions like James Taylor, Billy Joel, and Ben Folds. Music that can fall into similar categories are also usually agreeable, but other than that it is a constant music struggle. I think that kids usually pick up on the music that their parents like and eventually come to even think its cool. I did this with music like Steely Dan, Jerry Jeff Walker, and Nancy Griffith. Now these are only a few of the people I could name, but they get my point across that parents' music influences what their kids music will branch into. Maybe the fact that Carly and I like very different music will only mean that they like an even broader range of music. Who knows, but I will pay someone to destroy the last 4 mix tapes known to man that my wife still listens to.
2. New cars are awesome. I guess our car is used, but its new to me. And it's new enough that it doesn't play tapes. Maybe I don't need to destroy Carly's tapes because technology will just phase them out.
3. Today we were watching Jeopardy and I couldn't stop laughing due to one of the question topics(neither could our neighbor Phil as I realized he was laughing at the same moments that Carly and I were). The topic was about rap and hip hop which might make you think, hey it was probably a college edition where they dumb it down, but alas it was a teacher edition with K-12 teachers. The topic led to one of the two homely looking teachers buzzing in and answering Lil Romeo over and over which was never right. The other homely looking teacher answered B.I.G, but said it like she was being coached through an ear piece and was thinking, seriously Notorious B.I.G is a person? And of course the other teacher simply was silent throughout the category knowing that his lead was very very safe. I wonder if Trebek ever thought he would be saying, "oh no I'm sorry, but Lil John is the correct answer."
4. One last thing that our good friend Chris Palmer sent us and we would like to pass along because we have been laughing at it for twenty minutes now. It is called stuff white people like and it is hilarious. Click on each item for a more in depth view of that item. Take note of number 102 where it says white people love children's games....uhhhh kickball. Seriously go now to this link.
Monday, June 2, 2008
No Kickball...I Swear
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
thanks for upping the posting..also, if aaron's party isn't a quality song for carly to listen to on repeat on her sweet tapes..i don't know what is
I saw that episode of jeopardy and have to agree, the rap column was hilarious.
Post a Comment