Carly is a way better blogger. That is a fact and I think we all know it. In fact I might even call her a blog all star or maybe a blogstar? That brings me to this point. I need to come up with some gimmicks like her. If I don't step up my skills soon then I may begin to feel inadequate as a husband due to my inability to blog for my family. Between that and Carly calling me today just to tell me my last post sucked (a direct quote) I feel like I need to improve and improve now. I really liked my last post because I love sports and I really get into them and my teams, but apparently that only translated to the one and only Ben Gaines who seemed to enjoy it too.
You might say that I should just do similar things to what Carly does, but here are my problems with each thing. I didn't ever keep a journal so that's out the window (and even if I did I never would have been cool enough to close each entry with, "I love to read. I love to write. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.). I don't have enough friends to have a specimen of the day. And to top it all off I have a 3rd graders ability to write, but I would say more of an above average 3rd grader. I mean why sell my self short?. So if you have any ideas, other than not blogging because I started this whole thing after all, let me know. I need the help because i can't compete with skills like these seen below. We can call them fitting into a breadbox skills.
After all of that I still feel like I need to include this...Instead of writing another really long blog about sports that only 2-3 people will enjoy I will simply say that I miss Manny and recommend this article by the Sports Guy.
I could try all day to explain why I still like Manny and why I will be upset when he signs with the Yankees, but I couldn't do it better than that article so I will let that speak for me.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
I want to be like Carly...And I miss Manny
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Daniel, I have always been very impressed with your blogging skills, but I understand that you and Carly have a very competitive relationship and you feel the need to completely dominate her--I respect you for that. Maybe for a gimmick you could give us random insights into life in the south or Texas-isms if you will. Or maybe you can write about your intramural exploits since I can no longer attend in person... just a few thoughts.
I didn't just seem to enjoy it—I genuinely did enjoy it. I vote for more posts on sports. I like your point of view on things. . .
. . . especially the Jimmy Johnson/Barry Switzer Dallas Cowboys of the early '90s. Good times.
You should write about how Booker is going to see you this weekend!
mannOramma is global woj,no need to miss him. And im waiting for a blog on the texas game... you have hooped on a recipient of a colt mccoy pass in that game.
oh and this is for you and carly this guy is coming out with a new cd you can listen to it here:http://mishka.com/, we never get to trade music anymore so here is one for you.
Post a Comment