**If you don't care too much about sports this will probably be boring, but if you do then read on because you will understand.**
Ok it has been a long time since I posted, but today is the start of an important yearly
event, the baseball playoffs. I figured that I would come out of blog retirement (ok really Carly has been holding me captive like in the movie misery so I couldn't blog, but I managed to escape and find a computer) to urge on the Red Sox to another world series ring. I feel good about the Sox despite their injuries, I think they will do it again this year. And if you think other wise then you are what one might call an idiot. I mean how can you root against a team that has guys like these.
I can't help but think that they will win it again this year. You might say why do you think that? Well I am glad that you asked my friend because I am more than willing to tell you. All my life the teams I have rooted for have ranged between super crappy and average (with the exception of the Cowboys and even they were crappy for a long while). Growing up the Mavericks sucked which is the nice way of putting it and why I found myself adopting the Sonics (sorry Garlan I mean the Thunder haha) so that I had a good team to root for. I also rooted for the St Louis Cardinals who were no more than a tease. BYU football was good for the most part (minus the Crowton years...did those really happen?), but they never quite made it to the big time games (the cotton bowl was good, but that's about it). Texas football was pretty crappy too until Vince Young showed up and made USC look stupid.
I could go on and on since all I am good for is useless sports knowledge, but I guess the point I am trying to get to is that for the first time in my life all my teams are making me happy to be a fan.
The Red Sox have a chance to go back to back. How can that not make you happy. (Side note: As a husband of a true Bostonite I feel I have every right to be a Red Sox fan. I still like the Cardinals, but it is hard to not get sucked in by Fenway, Boston, and fans that are as crazy about sports as I am. You can call me bandwagon and that is fine, but I genuinely follow the Red Sox. I am not some playoff fan, I follow them game in and game out. Enough of this though, I shouldn't have to defend myself.)
BYU and Texas football are both in the top ten and look really good. They may both go to BCS games and maybe one could make it to the National Championship. Now this might not last, but at this very moment I could not be happier with my two college teams.
The Cowboys are legit super bowl contenders again. I got spoiled as a kid and didn't appreciate all of the 90's championships, but the Cowboys have a new group of poor citizens that will hopefully get the job done. We finally are following the 90's blueprint of getting social misfits. Michael Irvin, Leon Lett, Deion Sanders I would like to introduce you to Adam Jones, Tank Johnson, and TO. That's one recipe for success that you can't argue with.
The Mavs make me nervous, but they will probably make the playoffs and since the season hasn't started they can't make me too upset yet. They have ripped my heart out time after time in the past against the Kings several times and then that whole finals debacle, but at this very moment they are undefeated (0-0) this year and I like that.
I really could keep going on about sports for forever, but I have never had a point in my life as a sports fan where all of my teams aren't making go crazy. With that said I felt I needed to enjoy this moment before I get all upset at the Red Sox tonight or remember that Texas still has to play OU. There is nothing like sports and maybe I am a loser for rooting for my teams and letting their success dictate how happy I can be in the hours following a game, but when they win it makes it all worth while and you get to have moments like these.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Let's go RED SOX
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Go Red Sox! It's so exciting to be in the playoffs again but...I wish Beckett & Lowell were healthy. Every day I give my physics students a new Red Sox problem to do.Go Red Sox!
I'm not gonna lie. I was a little bored by your post. Bring Carly back.
I warned you at the beginning, but you continued to read. That my friend is your fault.
Post a Comment