Wednesday, January 21, 2009

People That Make You Go "Hmmm"

Today at work I spoke with someone in Texas who said to me, "Now, you guys are an hour and a half ahead of us, right?" Wow. Maybe his area of Texas, like Arizona, rejected the traditional daylight savings schedule. But even so, the last time I checked, the difference in U.S. time zones are still by the hour, never by the half hour. Most adults are aware of this.

This doesn't bode well for the library given the fact I was calling to get a refund on products I ordered 2 months ago that have not arrived. An hour later he called back to tell me they never charged the library for the products. I informed him that they had indeed charged us, since I was looking at our most recent credit card statement and there was the charge. He didn't believe me, so I faxed over a copy(after blacking out, and then whiting out all information besides the charge from them).

Still waiting for a response on that refund... any chance I'll get it?

3 comments:

Nick and Lexie said...

I can't stop singing, "Things that make you go mmmm...."

Meredith said...

That reminds me of when the internet wasn't working at work and an half hour after I told one of my coworkers he came in and asked if I could fix his email...I tried to explain politely that email doesn't work when the internet is down. Hmmmm...

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

It reminds me of the time my friend asked when his other friends' twin's birthday was. Oh who am I kidding, it was me that asked in the first place... Hmmmmm