That was a test to see who actually reads our blog posts because we are actually going to have a girl!!! The doctor said she will never say she is 100% sure of the sex, but after seeing the ultrasound myself and using my 5th grade sex ed knowledge of the female anatomy I too concluded that we were going to be having a girl. I was so excited and had visions of my daughter spitting up on me, doing funny things like Elly, and playing basketball. And after that brief moment of excitement reality set in.
These are a few of the points of reality that I have thought of since this morning. I will judge them on a scale from 1-10 with 1 being "I guess I can handle that" and 10 being "What have I done".
1. I will be pooped on multiple times. I give this a 1 mainly because I expect to get pooped on. I may even laugh. I don't know why it took finding out the sex to think of this, but it wasn't an issue until today.
2. My daughter could possibly dislike sports and all that has to do with them. I give this a 5 because sports takes in most of my hobbies, but out of love I would try to get over it and enjoy my daughters hobbies. (I reserve the right to change my ruling to a higher number if my daughters only hobby is watching musicals. No worries though cause her mom and her would watch them together.)
3. My wife could spend all of our dough on cute stuff for this kid. She already sent me links to baby girl dresses today. I give this a 4 because I don't want to spend the money, but Carly is a bargain shopper so I figure I can deal with it with limited annoyance. The fact that when I told my mom it was a girl she said, "Let the shopping begin," makes me think this little girl will have more than enough clothes. (A boy would have been great because they are easy. All they need is shirts with dinosaurs and animals, but now it will be flowers and stuff like this.)
4. I am now outnumbered in my house. No matter what I say I will now be out voted. I give this a 6 because I can handle it, but it sucks because unless my girl loves watching sports I will never get to pick what to watch. (This does however help my future argument for a man room with a good tv.)
5. My daughter will date at some point. I know this is a part of life, but there is a lot of riff raff out there. I give this a 7 because I am sure it will be fine, but there is just enough of a chance she will date losers that it causes some stress.
Clearly there are many more things I could have thought about that are much more important than what I have listed, but those are the things I thought of. Now that I have babbled on for way too long I will introduce you to baby girl nielson. Ignore the immodesty of one of these pictures.
Crotch shot.
Here is our little alien. The face is sideways.Legs. I told Carly to give her more room in there. She needs room to stretch out in the picture on the right.
Friday, April 3, 2009
It's a Boy!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
She has a cute pointy little chin and I love it. I want to be Cc'ed on those links to cute girl clothes. I will be shopping for the little girl I will probably never have. Can't wait to meet her.
We are so excited for you guys! Congrats! and by the way, jeez carly give the kid more room! lol! You guys are so funny.
Yay!!! How exciting! I'm so happy for you guys! You will have such a cute baby girl! :)
AHHHH how exciting! I am so happy for you guys.
Congratulations!!! That is so exciting. I think having girls is a lot of fun but that could be because I have two of them myself. You guys will be great parents.
Yay! I am so excited for you guys! I am sure that this little girl is going to be super athletic, and will probably end up being a gym rat (that's a good thing), due to your profession and love of sports.
Congratulations! It is so much more fun to know it's a little girl (or boy, in our case) that is kicking around in there.
Yay! Congrats you guys!
That's awesome. Permissionn granted to name her David. However, if her only hobby is watching musicals, I reserve the right to deny that permission. Congratulations again!
Post a Comment