Friday, May 8, 2009

Long Overdue...

(No pun intended with the title there.
I am still 3 months away from my due date.)

24 weeks and huge already...

Last month Meredith and Alicia threw me and the girlie a shower. (Girlie is her name for now. I used to say it just because Daniel hated it, but then it stuck. Now Daniel calls her that too.) The shower was a complete success.

My definition of a complete success:
1)Good Food
2)Good Time
3)Good Presents
4)Good Company

1)Good Food- The food was delicious. If I am fed, I am usually happy.
The spread
Enjoying the spread

2. Good Time- I tend to really hate games that are played at bridal and baby showers. Meredith and Alicia made up their own fun and NOT cheesy games. They were great for 2 reasons: 1)Alicia acted out movie lines in the first game and 2)I got presents in the second game, regardless of how I performed. Which leads me to my next point...

3. Good Presents- Like I said, the key to happiness with me lately is food. Throw in presents? I am ecstatic. Presents that make it so I may spend slightly less than and arm and a leg on this baby? Elated.
My little girlie made out! She got tons of great presents, from the practical (not to mention expensive) gear, to adorable outfits and essential baby supplies. She and I both are feeling much more ready for her arrival. Thank you so much everyone!

4. Good Company- Shower attendees came from all across the country. Well, really, just my mom and mother-in-law flew in, and then a family friend happened to be on vacation in Utah, so she came. A few people came in from places as far away as Salt Lake.
Here are pictures of some of the attendees:
Girlie's aunt, grandmother, and first cousins once removed.
Intramural wives. As in, our husbands play every possible intramural sport and sometimes force us to play also. The 5 of us will have had babies within 9 months of each other (Marian, Lincoln, Ella, Hunter, and our girlie).
A few of my relatives who came. Apparently the picture warranted folded arms only! Somehow we didn't get any pictures of the Stacks.
Jules, a childhood friend. She is moving back to Provo and she is going to babysit girlie whenever we need her to, right?!?

Like I said, complete success.

5 comments:

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

I hope Daniel took note of what makes you Happy, Carly. If he were really smart, he would wrap up some chocolate in a bow (like a present), and have Meredith give it to you at 5:00pm. That way, you would have good food (chocolate), a good time (5:00pm), a good present (also chocolate), and good company (Meredith) all in one fell swoop. I hope I can marry someone as simple as you. P.S. I have a twisted feeling in my esophagus that your daughter is going to be called Girlie her entire life.

The Whelans said...

HAHAA I love that one picture where everyone is looking at me and I am just eating! cracks me up! I am glad you had a wonderful time! I know I did!

Natalie said...

It looks like your shower was tons of fun! I wish ours hadn't been on the same day. It would've been nice to have been there! Hope you've been feeling well! :)

Julia Mar said...

Sure thing whenever you want...at least until December :)

Terrence and Kestlee said...

What a fun shower! You look great too! I'm not sure who you're referring to when you say huge. You look tiny to me!