Monday, July 27, 2009

More Baby Advice

HAHAHAHA 99% of you just came to our blog because you thought Carly had some more baby questions. I have been gone to various parts of the country this month so this baby thing hasn't seemed urgent until the last couple days when I just realized that this baby is coming soon no matter what I may think. So I need some real baby advice.

-It seems that babies don't need wipe warmers, but do I? I mean a nice warm wipe sounds great to me. Thoughts?
-At what point can babies eat slurpees? I love them and would think that my daughter will as well. Also what kind of bottle would best bring out a slurpees flavor?
-Scrubs is funny...just thought I would throw that out there.
-Should I buy myself the scooter I want (possibly dont need) as a welcome to the world kinda thing for our girl? I never spend any money (this scoot is a great deal too) and I think our little girl would really appreciate it.
-What should I do when I realize I have the most stubborn and competitve daughter ever? And I know this will be the case.
-Last but not least is I am taking guesses for when this little gal will be arriving. The winner gets to have the satisfaction that they were right and they can bring us dinner. Who gets pooped on first is also open for guesses.

8 comments:

Scrivener said...

As a confirmed baby-daddy, I feel I can help you out here. A nice warm wipe would be nice, but the flushable ones are more expensive, and the non-flushable ones have the added cost of frequent plunging. No good.

Babies are born wanting only a warm nipple and a cold slurpee. It's a fact. Actually, neither of you will be conscious enough to want a slurpee for a while.

Scrubs WAS funny. Now - eh.

You only buy a scooter if you are reasonably certain that Carly will be just fine raising your little girl by herself after some moving van doesn't see you. By the way - get life insurance.

She probably will be stubborn. I would find a job and/or church calling that requires you to be away from home. A lot.

My guess is that she will want to get here in time for Ramadan on the 22. So August 21. And she will definitely poop on you first.

Margaret Proffitt said...

I wouldn't wish going past your due date on my worst enemy. Therefore, I think baby girl will appear sometime in the wee hours of the 10th with a birthday of 8-10-09. And if I'm right, I'll totally bring you dinner... in November when I'm up there.

Nick and Lexie said...

I love Scrubs!!! I have no advice.

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

As the seasoned patriarch that I am, prepare yourself for an ocean of advice from my direction.
Regular wipes are just as good as warm ones. The only advantage to a warm wipe, that I know of, is in case you need to keep a burrito hot just a few seconds longer. You missed Slurpee day (7/11/any year) this year, so don't give her one until next July. Scrubs is significantly better than "Montell." Scooters are great, but I'd go for a motorcycle (getting a class M license is remarkable easy). When Carly Jr. is stubborn and competitive, give her a slurpee and put her in front of Scrubs while you cruise on your Harley. And finally, I predict she will arrive yesterday. Hope that helps.

Carrie said...

Please tell me that if you do get this scooter that you will always refer to it as your "scoot." And I'm pretty Girlie will hold out and not poop on anyone until she meets her Uncle Boom. Which could be awhile which means it could be a lot of poop.

Anthony said...

As "Uncle Boom" I feel the need to weigh in on the wipes conundrum. I answer your question with another question: Why do we wipe at all? Hold on a sec- If you were to get poop on your arm (which according to my wife your daughter will do to me) what do you do next? Do you get a piece of toilet paper and scrape it off? Do you get a moist toilet and wipe it off? NO. You get your arm in the sink and wash it off. The Europeans have beat us soundly to this hygiene upgrade, and I think Girlie Nielson should lead the boday crusade. Anyway, the closest a baby can get to a boday is a cold wet nap, so don't use the wipe warmer.

Steve said...

Daniel, I think you need a wipe warmer. With your vast life experience you are in a better place than baby to enjoy the luxury. Scrubs is funny. Take care.

Carolyn said...

I guess she will be born on the 29th!!