People constantly tell me how Sadie looks exactly like Daniel. I agree. I know she does.
But sometimes I get a little sensitive about it since I am the one who did all of the work getting Sadie here. Doesn't she look even a little like me? A little?
But sometimes I get a little sensitive about it since I am the one who did all of the work getting Sadie here. Doesn't she look even a little like me? A little?
My mom and I spent a long time analyzing baby pictures of the 3 of us. We decided she does in fact have some of my features. She has my eye shape, hair color and thick eyebrows, and the bridge of my nose. That being said, she still has Daniel's overall face shape (cheeks!) and chin, eye color, the end of his nose (Nielson nostrils), and his mouth. Oh and she definitely has more of his temperament.
So, yes, this is clearly Daniel's child and not necessarily clearly mine. To make myself feel better I tell Daniel she likes me more.
So, yes, this is clearly Daniel's child and not necessarily clearly mine. To make myself feel better I tell Daniel she likes me more.

7 comments:
I am going to stand my ground that she is a perfect mix of you both. Some faces look like you, some like Daniel.
Whoa, she REALLY does look like Daniel. Maybe 95% Nielson and 5% John. Sorry, Carly! She's definitely has your spunk though.
I still think that she has your eyes. And you can't tell from the pictures that she doesn't have Daniel's "bridge" (because they aren't from the side view!). Yes, she looks like Daniel...but wait a couple of years and compare the pictures then!
Carly I know exactly how you feel! But the other day, I had a baby picture of myself at a primary activity and everyone said it looks so much like Briz! I can't explain how happy I was. And after people said that, I started to believe it a little :) I know every single minut feature that looks like me.
I definitely see Daniel for the most part, but I do also see you. And yeah, sometimes she'll make an expression, that I'm like woah, that's totally Carly! Genes are cerrazy.
I need to do this too comparing with pictures! I feel ya, one look at Warren and "Oh my goodness, he looks EXACTLY like Seth."
One thing I have noticed when looking at other people's babies is that I often think they look more like the parent that is holding them. When I see Sadie's picture right next to Daniel, I think she looks just like him. But when I see her picture next to yours I think she looks like a mini-Carly. It is undeniable that her face shape comes from Daniel and eye shape comes from you. It's crazy how kids are such a total combination of both parents. I am going to have to withhold my final judgment on who Sadie looks more like until I see her in person. Wow, this comment has gotten long. I hope it makes sense to you.
I concur with your post (mostly Daniel, but definitely has Carly in there too!) But I just have to say, my favorite part of the entire post was the very last line! Classic Carly. And who knows...perhaps one day, classic Sadie as well! :o)
Post a Comment