Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving

About 6 months ago I decided I wanted to try my hand at cooking Thanksgiving dinner. As the big day actually approached and the reality that I am pregnant and have a pesky 1-year-old who won't leave me alone when I cook and my husband would be working all morning set in I changed my mind. Luckily Daniel's aunt invited us up to their house. I most definitely opted for that.

Ready to eat!

I am so glad I did because we had a great time. Sadie may have loved it the most. She chowed down on beans, mashed potatoes, 2 servings of sweet potatoes, and 2 rolls. She did decide she does not like turkey and she promptly threw it on the ground. I have never seen her eat so much in one sitting. Later on she ate half of my pecan pie and ice cream and more sweet potatoes.


She loved Alice the dog. This picture doesn't necessarily reflect it but Sadie spent half the time chasing Alice. Alice got sick of her and would run away. At one point Sadie figured out that if she crawled up to Alice, she wouldn't run away as quickly.

Sadie's second cousin Jack was having a rough day and she was very concerned about him.

But Sadie was happy to play with the toys on Jack's booster while he was being consoled.

The other thing Sadie loved was this scarecrow. She still never can decide whether things like this are real or fake. She repeatedly pushed it's nose and tried to hold it's hand. She would get in it's face and say "hi" repeatedly. By the way, we are very aware of Sadie's mullet. I am going to cut it right before we go to Boston for Christmas.

We had a great day and while I couldn't fit as much into my belly this year, I was quite satisfied with my single serving (I may have had seconds on a few items) meal.

We have a lot to be thankful for (in no particular order):
-our car warranty that covered $1,000 worth of repairs this week
-another crazy little girl joining our family
-family who give Sadie more love & attention than she knows what to do with (so she often just runs in circles screaming when they come over)
-my flexible job
-the fact that Sadie says "hi baby ithah" every morning and hits my belly when I go to get her up (ithah=sister)
-the Backyardigans
-the temple
-Sadie finally goes down stairs by herself without me prompting her the whole way
-baths (Sadie's favorite)
-good friends
-healthy bodies that do what we need them to
-mandarin oranges
-Sadie is a great sleeper
-Costa Vida
-DVR
-the internet (we finally got our own internet at home so we A)are more honest and B)can get online consistently)
-sisters
-Northern New Mexico women's basketball (and how terrible they are)
-Sadie seems to be getting 2 more teeth (for a grand total of 6)
-affordable babysitters

This list is obviously not comprehensive, but it's what I've been thinking about lately.

5 comments:

Casey said...

Wait. you found out you're having another girl? Is that what you meant by "another crazy little girl joining our family"? Or are you one crazy girl and sadie is the other. haha

Carly said...

I completely forgot I hadn't put it on the blog yet. I started this entry before we found out, but yes, it's another girl!

Meredith said...

I love that she says itha! Does she have a lisp?

Natalie said...

Congrats on your baby being another girl, Carly! That is awesome!! They'll be great friends and have so much fun playing when they grow up! Congratulations!!!

And, I'm glad you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

- My favorite cousin David...