Wow my last couple posts have sounded kind of whiny and bratty, haven't they? I complained so much about Sadie's sleeping habits on our trip; I made it sound like the trip was a waste or something. But really, it was great. I absolutely loved to see Sadie interact with my family and she was hilarious and cute most of the time.
Moving on... Sadie was happy to just play around my parents house. There were so many new people and rooms to discover. Here is some of the stuff we (mostly Sadie) did besides Christmas and the wedding.
I was nervous about how Sadie would interact with her cousin Will. She does not share well and sometimes she gets physical with other kids.

But how could Sadie be mean to this face? She was nice a lot of the time but she did rip toys away from him and push him a few times. He got a toy school bus for Christmas that she was particularly fond of.

Sadie wasn't quite sure what to do since Will couldn't walk, but one night she crawled around with him.

They giggled together for a little while and it was hilarious.

She LOVES necklaces. She wore these around for a few days and cried when I took them off for bed.

One night Sadie got into a bit of other trouble. See those plates of cookies on the counter (above her and to the right)? Sadie ate SIX of them. I couldn't figure out who kept giving her cookies until I saw her go up on her little tippy toes and snag her 6th cookie all by herself.

Photo op with Aunt Meredith- apparently Sadie wanted Meredith all to herself. Funny side note about Meredith. Evidently the name Meredith sounds like "ear" to Sadie and whenever we would ask her where Meredith was she would point to her ear.

The kids enjoyed bath time together.

Sadie loved the foam bath letters they got for Christmas.

Sadie didn't have much interest in the tree until all the presents were gone and she could get up close. She broke an ornament- oops.

Sadie tried to show Will how fun it is to pull books off a shelf. Unfortunately for them, the books are packed so tightly neither of them could get any books off.

Sadie loved all the stairs. We didn't. They are so much steeper than ours.

One afternoon we went to lunch at this great cafe that has a play corner for kids. This idea could never work in Utah because it would get destroyed, but Sadie and Will had it all to themselves when we went.

Don't worry, we didn't let Sadie have all this fun without any work

While she may not have actually helped us get any dirt off the floor, she enjoyed herself.
So what did the rest of us do while the kids had fun?

Played games, stayed up late talking, got delicious Friendly's sundaes, and generally had a good time.
Moving on... Sadie was happy to just play around my parents house. There were so many new people and rooms to discover. Here is some of the stuff we (mostly Sadie) did besides Christmas and the wedding.
I was nervous about how Sadie would interact with her cousin Will. She does not share well and sometimes she gets physical with other kids.

But how could Sadie be mean to this face? She was nice a lot of the time but she did rip toys away from him and push him a few times. He got a toy school bus for Christmas that she was particularly fond of.

Sadie wasn't quite sure what to do since Will couldn't walk, but one night she crawled around with him.

They giggled together for a little while and it was hilarious.

She LOVES necklaces. She wore these around for a few days and cried when I took them off for bed.

One night Sadie got into a bit of other trouble. See those plates of cookies on the counter (above her and to the right)? Sadie ate SIX of them. I couldn't figure out who kept giving her cookies until I saw her go up on her little tippy toes and snag her 6th cookie all by herself.

Photo op with Aunt Meredith- apparently Sadie wanted Meredith all to herself. Funny side note about Meredith. Evidently the name Meredith sounds like "ear" to Sadie and whenever we would ask her where Meredith was she would point to her ear.

The kids enjoyed bath time together.

Sadie loved the foam bath letters they got for Christmas.

Sadie didn't have much interest in the tree until all the presents were gone and she could get up close. She broke an ornament- oops.

Sadie tried to show Will how fun it is to pull books off a shelf. Unfortunately for them, the books are packed so tightly neither of them could get any books off.

Sadie loved all the stairs. We didn't. They are so much steeper than ours.

One afternoon we went to lunch at this great cafe that has a play corner for kids. This idea could never work in Utah because it would get destroyed, but Sadie and Will had it all to themselves when we went.

Don't worry, we didn't let Sadie have all this fun without any work

While she may not have actually helped us get any dirt off the floor, she enjoyed herself.
So what did the rest of us do while the kids had fun?

Played games, stayed up late talking, got delicious Friendly's sundaes, and generally had a good time.
3 comments:
I love the pictures you got of Sadie and Will! Will misses his cousin a lot. I am way less fun than Sadie.
On a different note, I am much less excited about the picture of us playing games. I had chosen to forget that record-setting massacre. I can't believe I only scored 4 points. I will never give Daniel the benefit of the doubt when playing games again.
They couldn't get the books off... Haha. That's funny.
I hadn't seen these pictures before. I love the bath tub pictures - especially how Will's arm is placed perfectly to keep the pictures modest. Got to have the naked cousin pictures, just part of life.
Post a Comment