Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wedding

My youngest sister Hillary got married on December 28th. If it seems to you like there are tons of weddings in my family, it's because there are. 5 weddings in 5 1/2 years! My only single sibling left is my 17-year-old brother who we all hope will at least give us 4 years off. It was a beautiful, albeit, cold day. I will do another, more details-focused post with professional pictures some other time, but here are some of my pictures.

Following the sealing at the temple and the ring ceremony at the church, there was a luncheon with some of Boston's finest Mexican food (it's hard to find Mexican food in Boston).

Each table was covered with a paper tablecloth and crayons for coloring.
Sadie LOVED it, but I think it confused her about what she is allowed to color on. The other day she scribbled all over our table with crayons.

Here she is signing cracker. On our trip to Boston she watched Baby Signing Time so much that she now signs all the signs from both of her DVD's. The fact that Sadie signs so much is cool, but maybe a little embarassing that I resorted to letting her watch DVD's so much.

After the luncheon we went home and napped. I was nervous about the wedding day since I would be taking care of Sadie alone on the looong day of activities (Daniel went back to Utah on the 26th), but Sadie was decently behaved and I can't believe I actually got a nap.

After the nap we headed over to the Lyman Estate, an old mansion, where the reception was being held.

We were there early for pictures so Sadie and Will hung out in the bedroom upstairs for a while- playing and snacking.

The food was delicious. I'll write all about it in my other wedding post.
The dancing may have been my favorite part of the day. Once Sadie saw what was going on she just had to be part of it.

Sadie wanted to be on the dance floor at all times, but she wanted to be held. It's difficult to hold a toddler and dance! Everyone helped me out and took turns dancing with her.

Every time I tried to leave the dance floor Sadie would go running back and beg her way into someone's arms.

The funniest part of it all is Sadie did not crack ONE smile the entire time.

You would have thought she hated it by the look on her face!
But she refused to leave the dance floor!

When the music stopped at 10 PM, Sadie went over to the speaker and tried to turn it back on. She studied every part of the that speaker, hoping to find the "on" button.

When we finally got home it was about 11 PM and Sadie actually slept through the night. The following days my entire body was sore from all the dancing. I guess I just don't have it like I used to. But Sadie gave me hope she might follow in my footsteps (see pictures of a few of my moves here)

0 comments: