I'm pretty sure last Saturday was the best day of Sadie's life.
The morning event was the UVU Easter party. Hillary came to help control Sadie.

Sadie was on her game- running from activity to activity without a care. There were long lines, but she didn't notice. In fact, she usually ran to the front of every line. Hillary and I took turns waiting in line while Sadie would stand by the front.

She made Hillary steal multiple balloons from the centerpieces.

Coloring- she kept instructing the girl next to her which color to use. She would shove a crayon in her face and say "puhpee" (purple- even though the crayon wasn't always purple) until the girl took it.

Sadie's favorite activity was the bouncy slide.

Click on this picture to get a better view of Sadie's face- she loved it.
Finally....the egg hunt. There were so many people at the party that I was a little worried about the hunt. We heard there weren't enough eggs for everyone.

Good thing Sadie had no idea what was going on. She was happy to wander around with her little empty basket and balloon. It was pretty adorable. She didn't get any eggs- they were gone in less than 30 seconds.

Then a little boy who got multiple eggs offered one to Sadie. She didn't care about it much. Until she found out there was candy inside. Then she ate the candy and checked the egg periodically to make sure more candy hadn't appeared.

When we got home I let her fill up her basket with the empty eggs we have. She was happy with that.
Next activity- I allowed her to watch Toy Story right in front of the tv.

Actually, I went upstairs to get a few things done and came back to find Sadie standing this close.
The evening activity was attending a farewell barbecue for the bishop of our old BYU married ward. Good old BYU 97th ward. It was great to see lots of old friends who hadn't seen Sadie since we moved a year ago. The backyard was heaven for Sadie. Multiple slides, older kids to play with, and a wagon.

She would climb to the top of the slide and then count to the 3 with me (kind of) and yell "go!".

She almost always fell on her face at the end of the slide. And it made us both giggle every time.
Next came the wagon.

I pulled her in it.

Bishop's grandchildren pushed her in it.

Hyrum pulled her in it.

And finally, she attempted to pull Hyrum. They got nowhere fast.
It was a great day. Sadie and I both slept well Saturday night. But you know what made Sunday even better? Daddy came back. And I made some delicious enchiladas.
4 comments:
What a wonderful day for her. Great that Hillary came along to help. You are a great mom (especially reading about how at the party, instead of hanging with your friends, you watched her go down the slide and pulled her around in the wagon). Her life of total-attention-as-an-only-child is about to change drastically, so it was great to give her this one last day!
I'm so glad you posted these pictures. I wish we had had our camera with us. You are such a good mom, too. Trucking around to all of that with an extra baby to carry around. You are awesome. Also, Hyrum keeps talking about Sadie. He(and we) LOVES her!
Love her face on the bouncy slide.
How could that not be the best day of her life?
Post a Comment