Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Decking Our Halls

Decorating our house for Christmas has been more of a process than an event. On Friday night we got our first ever Christmas tree. I am still excited about it. This is the first year we will not be traveling for the holidays so we got a beautiful, real, some-kind-of-fir tree. We thought it was absolutely gorgeous when we picked it out, and it is, but we didn't notice the dead spots (on the back side) and how the trunk is crooked (really crooked) until we got home. 
(Mom, here is a picture from the front door so you can see exactly how we set it up)
We rearranged our entire living room to fit the tree in front of the window. I really like the new set-up and I think we'll leave it this way after we take the tree down. All the rearranging, cleaning where furniture used to be, and picking up/setting up the tree took a while so we just went to bed once the tree was up.

On Saturday I put up some more decorations but we didn't have enough lights to cover the tree so I had to go buy more.
 On Sunday night we finally got the lights up and Sadie hung the ornaments she picked out on the tree.
 Then she got distracted by the twirl-ability of her Christmas "princess dress" she wore to church that day. Here she is mid twirl.

 While Sadie was hanging her ornaments, Elise was sitting on Daniel's shoulders. Every time Daniel leaned back Elise laughed hysterically.
 Elise looked like she was having so much fun that Sadie insisted on having a turn. She tried to pretend it was fun, but she just couldn't see why Elise liked it so much. She quickly got down and told Elise she could have another turn..

This is the video I shot of Elise's second turn:

3 comments:

Tina said...

I love everything about this post. I love your tree. I love the ornaments that Sadie picked out. I love the new furniture arrangement. I love Sadie twirling in her princess dress. But mostly I love that hysterical video of Elise laughing, and I can just imagine Sadie insisting on a turn, and then not being able to figure out what was so fun for Elise.

Unknown said...

I love your tree. It is so pretty. Elise is so cute. I love her laugh!!

Carrie said...

Cute video! Lessie has such a cute laugh, baby laughs are one of my favorite noises. I like your tree and new furniture arrangement too.