That is frequently a good word to describe my relationship with Sadie. I feel like I stay patient and I make a lot of progress with her behavior. Then she throws some insane tantrum or refuses to share with anyone and I lose my patience. I wonder if her inconsistency is because of something I do. Anyone have any techniques they feel like are effective in dealing with/lessening tantrums, or do I need to just ride it out? Do I expect too much out of her? I don't feel like I do because most of my friends' 2-year-olds are much better behaved than Sadie.
Feel free to tell me I am just being dramatic. That's always a possibility.
Feel free to tell me I am just being dramatic. That's always a possibility.
Anyway, I'll share some funny pictures of Sadie lately because even though she frustrates me, she makes me laugh all the time too.
One of her new favorite activities- "tyting" on the "puter"
Cheesing it with full on Harry-hair in effect
I had to hide the Cinderella costume because Sadie wants to wear it everywhere, including in the bath. She still mentions how she let Brizzy wear it one time. That was a huge deal to her, and she actually only let her wear half of the costume.
Today we watched Kung Fu Panda and during one scene where a mean character was fighting a good character Sadie kept yelling "no!" and telling the mean guy to "go away!". I could not stop giggling.
Today we watched Kung Fu Panda and during one scene where a mean character was fighting a good character Sadie kept yelling "no!" and telling the mean guy to "go away!". I could not stop giggling.



3 comments:
Your first paragraph is basically how we feel about Anna. So if it's something you're doing, we are doing it too. Don't be hard on yourself. They're irrational at that age.
It's so hard. Sadie is obviously very strong willed, which will help her in achieving the goals she wants out of life. But at age 2, the things that she wants aren't always good for her, or good for her family. I know you're already doing this, but consistent consequences worked pretty well for me. I don't know if it actually reduced the tantrums or fighting, but it kept me from losing my temper as much. I could just say, "OK, your were fighting with your sister, get on the couch until you guys sort this out." Good luck, and know that she won't always be 2! Someday she'll be 16!
My only advice to Sadie's VERY determined personality is don't let her get away with it. I think that she KNOWS what she can get away with you. Just keep being consistent with her.
You and Daniel are great parents!
Post a Comment