Before I accept the terrible blogger award that's headed my way, let me accept a terrible mother award.
Last night Sadie and I were playing catch with her new velcro glove/tennis ball set from the Easter bunny. You know those sweet neon sets, like this:
Except ours is the $3 set from Target and the ball is smaller and really hard.
Anyway, Sadie doesn't really catch the ball as much as she just keeps the velcro glove on her hand and the thrower has to hope they aim well and hit the velcro. Well, last night I got a little over-confident with Sadie and wanted to see how far she could throw so I made her take a few steps back. This is the result of my first throw:
A nice little goose egg in the middle of her forehead.
As soon as I let the ball go, I realized it was a terrible idea.
And yes, right now Sadie does also have a black eye from falling down the stairs.


3 comments:
Is it evil that this made me feel a little better? Haha miss y'all.
Haa..Haa..
Good thing kids are easy to forgive and forget!
You get GOOD mother of the year, for playing catch with your daughter (just bad "thrower" of the year for hitting her). And a black eye from falling down the stairs -- all of our kids fell down the stairs at least once but all lived to tell about it and didn't fall down again.
Post a Comment