Monday, April 2, 2012

Crafting Itch

I am not artistic so crafts for me have to require pretty much no artistic ability. I made a bunch of bows recently. This mostly involved buying the bows in bulk online and gluing them onto alligator clips. I also made some flower ones that for some reason I did not include in the picture. Those little bows on the bottom right are my favorite and all I did was hot glue some scrap-booking flower sticker things onto the ends of clips. That's about all the artistic ability I have.


I also made this bulletin board. It was even more intense. I had to go to Savers and pick out an old ugly picture with a cool frame around it. I spray painted the frame and then hot glued cork board to foam board the size of the frame. Finally, I glued some fabric over the cork board and stuck it into the frame. Finally-- are you still following this? It's very complicated, I know-- I printed out a ton of pictures. I was a little overzealous in my picture printing and could only fit about 2/3 of the pictures I had hoped to get on there. 
(To give you an idea of the size, each of the pictures is 4 x 6)

5 comments:

Tina said...

This is so fun. You may not be "crafty" but you have "vision" -- your projects turn out so cute! Where is this hanging? what a great board of pictures -- I need a board like that in my house!

Unknown said...

I think those are super cute!! Great job!

Meredith said...

Crafting is so fulfilling when it turns out how you envisioned it or at least you make something you like. And it is great if you saved money by making the thing yourself rather than buying it. Those are cute bows.

Amander said...

Wow - I'm impressed!

(And I got your text and then forgot to respond, but I will tomorrow. YES, I want to hang out.)

Unknown said...

I love this stuff. IMpressed.