A few weeks ago we had our first ever John girls + babies weekend. We went up to my cousins' cabin and pretty much just talked for 2 1/2 days straight. The cabin was perfect because it has all the nice modern conveniences, but it's away from the world.
The babes under age 1 were invited (Elise barely made it).
No showers. No work. No leaving the cabin.
Sounds awesome to me.
We had actually hoped to do some easy hikes but there was a big snowstorm the night we got there that left 6 inches of snow. My mom and Alicia had to drive up the canyon in the storm in the pitch black. They couldn't find the turn off for the cabin because snow was covering all the signs. I had to drive out to the canyon road to show them the way and I was terrified.
We drove up earlier in the day. This was Hillary's view until the kids fell asleep.
They both had some great scowls going.
Side story- my uncle had told us that a window had just been replaced that broke. Everything looked great when we got there and we went about our business. While I was changing Elise into her pjs for bed the first night my knuckle scraped across something sharp and starting bleeding. When we realized it was a little piece of glass we started hunting around to make sure there wasn't more glass. We found glass all over the place that we hadn't noticed! This is a collection of the bigger pieces of glass on the coffee table. To give you an idea of the size (we should have put something else in the picture so you could tell!) that piece at the top of the picture was about 8 inches long.
The babies were great for the most part. One night Elise was up for a couple hours right when we wanted to go to bed. So that was not fun, but she made up for it in cuteness. And now that I know she had 2 ear infections maybe there was good reason for the crying.
One day Carrie and Anthony came up with their 2 kiddos since they were in town for Carrie's sister's wedding. We were so happy that Carrie could join in the John girls weekend, even if she totally violated the no husband and no kids over 1 rules. :)
2011 John grandbabies unite! I had to include this one because of Elise's awesome face. The kids don't look too different in size here, but they actually are quite different in person. Elise was born in May, Lauren in October, and Weston in November. We can't wait for them to be running around together wreaking havoc at family reunions in the future.
Hopefully this will turn into an annual or every-other-year event.
I really do love the women in my family. I am lucky to have 1 awesome mom (just realized she's not in any pictures- more on the next post), 3 super cool sisters, and 1 amazing sister-in-law.
Meredith blogged about the trip over here if you want to see more pictures.


3 comments:
Can I come next time? :)
How much fun is that? Your lucky.
Rules were meant to be broken. :)
Thanks for letting us come up. I still can't get over how much snow had fallen.
Post a Comment