Mimi and Paco left us to return to the great state of Texas. They had been considering going back and then Tom's father passed away at the end of March so they packed up and headed back to Austin for the funeral. Daniel was able to fly down to Austin for a few days and see his Nielson family- some of whom he hadn't seen in 10+ years. I was disappointed we couldn't go and meet some of them.
We miss Tom and Carolyn a lot. Sadie misses them so much that she randomly calls out "Paco!" and then smiles at me.
Having grandparents close by is just great. A few weeks before they left Paco made the girls a life-size Lightning McQueen out of a diaper box. Sadie is still playing with it regularly 2 months later, so I'd call it a smashing success.
Elise loved it when she got a chance to play in the car for a while without Sadie.
The day before they left we hung out at the park for a little while. You can see that Tom and Carolyn actually took care of the girls while Daniel texted and I took pictures.
This is the best goodbye picture that I got.
We miss you guys so much!! We hope we get to see you soon.


2 comments:
Oh, sad!
We miss you more!! We randomly say things like, "This my sister, Louie Gooey," or "Wanna play at MY house?" We were thinking that since you have the family van now, a road trip might be in order!!
Post a Comment