Monday, May 7, 2012

Leesie Lou Turns the Big 1

Today our Lou is 1 year old. We love her a lot. I'll probably do another post expounding on the first year of her life, but for now, enjoy these pictures of her demolishing her cake. 

My mom, sister Meredith, and nephew Weston were in town at the end of April so we celebrated a little early last week. Sadie only ate about 5 bites of her cake on her first birthday (and none at her second birthday) so I figured Elise would do the same. Nope. She ate more than half of it and spread the rest around her high chair tray. 
 When I put Elise in the bathtub she tried to lick up the chunks of cake that were floating around. I ended up rinsing her off, draining the tub, and then re-filling it so she wasn't bathing in cake water. 
And a cute one of the cousins enjoying their treats next to one another.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! Happy first Birthday Elise!

Tina said...

I was there to witness this event! I think Elise set the record for most cake ever eaten by a 1 year old on her birthday. She was amazing!

Carrie said...

Way to rock the cake, Elise! I'm not too surprised, Will talks often of the time he gave Wessie Boo a bite of cake. Happy Birthday!