Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Caribbean Cruisin


Alright, alright. Here we go with the trip. The first week of September we went on a cruise with the Cottles. It was like our cruise in 2008, except much better. I'll make each stop on the cruise a separate post, so enjoy this post on the most exciting aspect- the boat. Boy, did we keep ourselves busy.

1. Swimming
On our last cruise it was so windy on the top deck that it we got cold. This time it was toasty every day. I got burned on my upper legs on day 1 and spent the rest of the week protecting my thighs.

2. Mini-golf
We played mini-golf a few times, including a time when Nick got screwed out of the ship mini-golf championship. Still bitter about it.

3. Eating
As with all cruises, we ate a lot. The food was pretty good. I had a very hard time coming back home and having to cook food. It's a hard knock life.


Daniel eating his disgusting frog's legs that he voluntarily ordered and ate with no pressure or daring from any of us. 
Nick and his soft serve and his love of everything orange.
*Such a cute picture. I am so disappointed this is blurry

4. Cards
We played cards for a solid 5 hours each day. Lexie and I kind of got owned. I attribute it to pregnancy brain. Not that either of us are pregnant (we aren't), but going through 2 pregnancies each has killed the brain cells that used to help us dominate in Spades.

5. Dancing
Lexie and I did a lot of dancing. We were kind of a big deal. On the beach on Grand Cayman Island some guy yelled out "Hey ladies! Loved your dancing last night!". We went to the club a couple of the nights and broke.it.down. for everyone. While they were busy grinding we were doing such legendary moves as: marching in place, pumping up the crowd, punching the floor, kicking the air, lots of pointing, and much, much more. Oh, how I wish we had video of that dancing. Probably the hardest I have laughed in a long time. 
Personal dance party on the top deck
Waiters dancing. The waiter shows were a bit disappointing.

6. Shows

We went to a few shows. They were mostly hilarious, thanks to our cheeky cruise director, James, aka Mr. Bean. The one pictured above, however, was not great. Marcus Anthony was a flop and we left early. The comedians on board were surprisingly funny and at the newlywed game I laughed so hard my entire body hurt.

We also had our own little magic show at our table. We loved it so much we asked him to come back another night.

Which he did. And we laughed really hard. This is one of my favorite pictures from the trip.

7. Competitions

After winning sports trivia. It came down to a tie-breaker, but we got it. Ignore that it looks like Daniel is picking my nose.

And Lex tried to look tough after winning the movie trivia, but she really just ended up looking scared.

8. People watching


No words needed. So much great people watching on a cruise ship.

Creepy towel creature hanging- supposed to be a monkey, I think?

9. Bromance Rekindling

They are kind of in love. In a brotherly way.

Just a weird picture. I am uncomfortable looking at it.

And a pretty sunset

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss our cruise so much. Great post, but I am disappointed in the lame excuse for you and Lex getting owned in spades. The real excuse for you getting owned was that Daniel did an amazing job of sluffing off some juicy ones. :) Miss you guys!

BTW - this is Nick.

Unknown said...

And . . . this is Lexie. My favorite line from this whole post was you mentioning protecting your thighs. That could be turned into like a chastity lesson.
We both forgot to mention dancing in our pajamas. Hahaha.

Amander said...

I've been reading all of your blogs about your cruise and I'm so jealous! Looks amazing. We need to hang out and then you can tell me more about it in person.

Amander said...
This comment has been removed by the author.