Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Cozumel



Stop #1 was Cozumel, Mexico. Our first agenda item was swimming with stingrays. Stingrays are really ugly and slimy and kind of creepy. I didn't hate it by any means, but didn't love it either. How's that for a review? Actually, you might be able to say I hated feeding the stingrays. They suck the raw fish off your hand. After feeding them we got to hold them. Although, when it was my turn the stingray wriggled away from me and got away from the group. Oops. Then we snorkeled and swam with a bunch of fish and stingrays. We couldn't take any pictures during our time with the stingrays, so our pictures are afterwards.
 Do you see that green/white thing in the water behind Daniel? It's a water trampoline. We probably spent as much time on that as with the stingrays. I was sore the next day, but it was all worth it.
They brought out a bird and an iguana for us. I am just not an animal person, I guess. It's fine holding a tropical bird, but nothing I am going to get that excited about.
Next up was Mexican Wal-mart to get soda we had forgotten to bring on the boat. There's a cruise tip for ya- bring your own drinks if you ever want something besides water. Cans of soda are $2.50 a pop, but they are happy to give you a cup of ice if you have your own drink.
Then we drove over to a little water resort place right on the beach with a big pool. It was only $2 a person and we all crashed on beach chairs for a while. I was woken up by a group of New Jersians with strong accents and loud voices.

We headed back to the port to return our rental car and take a few touristy pictures.
Pretty sweet, right?
The group at the end of the day. This is right before witnessing a couple get in a big fight where the woman refused to give the man his ship card so he could get back on the boat. Love when drunk people act like idiots.




1 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad Cozumel was our first stop, cause it only got better.