For my birthday in September my sister Hillary gave me a generous gift: a getaway in Midway with Daniel while she watched my kids. Hillary is one great gift-giver. We cashed in on the present Friday night. Daniel got home a littler later than planned so we went straight up to the outlets in Park City. Daniel indulged me in some shopping and then we grabbed dinner and headed back down to Midway so we could catch the rest of the BYU football game in our hotel room. We got there in the dark so when we woke up Saturday morning (after sleeping in, of course) we walked around enjoying the scenic resort grounds.
I may have also stopped to pose for a few immature pictures as well. Sadie got very excited when she saw this picture of me with the frog.
Midway is one of the most beautiful places all year round, but especially in the fall.
On top of the night away, Hillary arranged for breakfast at the Homestead's restaurant.
The view from the restaurant was beautiful. Cell phone pictures don't do a great job of capturing it. We stuffed our faces with a delicious meal and then Daniel indulged me again- driving the Alpine loop.
I've been wanting to do this for a couple years but Daniel had no interest. I kept trying to manipulate him by reminding him it was my birthday weekend and he kept reminding me that I claimed our cruise was my birthday present. But it looks like I won since we did the things I wanted to do. :)
Man, that drive is gorgeous. A little windy in places, so we were both feeling a little nauseous, but well worth it.
Don't know that I convinced Daniel it is something we should do every year, but it sure was beautiful this year.





2 comments:
Happy Birthday!! What a great day!
What a great sister!!
I'm so happy you liked it - I may or may not be choking up right now...embarrassing. You totally deserve it!
Post a Comment