The weather during fall time in Utah is tricky. It's fairly cold in the mornings but by late afternoon it is somewhat warm. After gymnastics class one day we went to the park.
Elise is a little more adventurous than Sadie was at 18 months so both girls enjoy every part of the park. As Elise climbed to the top of the stairs I had a little flashback to when I was 7 months pregnant with her and 18-month-old Sadie made her way up and just sat at the top instead of going down the slide. I had to squeeze my very round self up the skinny staircase, over a few kids, and then carry Sadie back down. A highlight of that pregnancy for sure.
On Saturday morning we went to the play-place at the University Mall because it was only 50 degrees.
Elise climbed right up to the slide. Slides bring her great joy.
Do you know what this picture is? It's Sadie climbing across those dinosaur bones all by herself. We've been coming to this play place once every few months for a couple years now and Sadie finally got up the courage to climb this alone. Every time we come Sadie wants to climb them but insisted I help. This time I looked over and she was doing it. When I approached her at the end of the climb to tell her how proud I was she was shaking, but very excited.
Sadie also climbed all around the dino's mouth by standing on the teeth and holding onto the teeth above. She saw some other kids do it and she had a lot of doubts about her ability, but I talked her through it and she was successful.
I also absolutely love that Sadie has entered the stage where she plays with the kids she meets at the park. On this day she ran around with this pack of kids for an hour.
Oh, and Elise spotted this ad with Tinkerbell and walked over every 10 minutes to talk to her.









0 comments:
Post a Comment