Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Septemberists

Here is how we spent the rest of September:

1. Sleeping under a pile of pillows. She got super sweaty under there, but she slept for over an hour so who cares.

2. Visiting dad at work and picking up some chocolate covered gummy bears from the bookstore.
Elise looks like such a thug in this picture.

3. Being "measure girls"

4. Getting older. The third picture below is some of the pictures Sadie drew me for my birthday. She also bought me some mascara.

5. Admiring the view from our front door

6. Attending gymnastics. Sadie is in the pink shorts
I love how you can see Elise's reflection in the window.

7. Walking around in mom's shoes. I don't know how many times I have put every pair of shoes I own back in my closet, but I gave up last week. My shoes have been spread around the house and I may never pick them up again. 

8. Learning how to read. Once Sadie grasped the concept of putting the letter sounds all together to form a word on her own she really took off. Sadie has moved from 3 letter words to 4 and 5, although she still gets lowercase d's and b's mixed up frequently. It is pretty cool watching your child learn how to read. 

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Not sure if I'm more jealous of the view from your door, your bag of chocolate covered candy from the bookstore, or the birthday cake. Elise's reflection is pretty awesome.

hosander said...

our kindergarten teacher said that "d" is the hardest letter for kids to read and to write.

Tina said...

The view from your front door always amazes me. And not only do you get the temple, but you get horses! I love looking at horses!