Monday, December 23, 2013

First Flu

For the first time ever we had a kid with a bad stomach flu. Maybe it's the karma from all the spitting up Sadie did in the first 15 months of her life, but we just have never had many stomach issues. Usually one barf and done. 
Elise finally broke that streak by throwing up 9 times in 3 1/2 hours. Poor girl had no idea what was going on. After 2 barfs she was still kind of running around and asking for food. I had to force her to stay on the blanket-covered couch. Barf #3 seemed to bring some sort of understanding. She just laid on the couch and occasionally told me she was sleepy. At the beginning of our third movie she told me she wanted to go to bed and she dragged her beloved blankie upstairs. I was convinced I would be cleaning throw up within 15 minutes, but that poor sick girl slept 12 hours and woke up ready to face the next day.

1 comments:

Tina said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! Is that the same stomach flu that Hillary ended up with? It stinks when kids get it and aren't old enough to use a kettle. Glad its over now.