Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Christmas Card Pictures That Never Were

I realized some time in November that we never took any kind of family pictures in 2013, and thus, didn't have a single picture for the Christmas card. I scheduled a Santa session with Foto Fly for the first week of December. They have a set up that I thought would be perfect. The dad dresses up as Santa and poses with the kids. It is only about 10 minutes long and then you have a few good pictures. I found some adorable dresses on sale and even let Sadie pick out her own new purple sparkly shoes.

When we showed up for the session Elise started melting down immediately. Sadie was excited about Daniel dressing up. There were 3 different photo areas with families and photographers in each one and other families awaiting their turn. We waited for about 15 minutes with Elise screaming and Sadie getting increasingly anxious. When it was finally our turn Sadie burst into tears. We tried to calm the girls down but eventually gave up. Not a single picture was taken.

Instead, I attempted to take a few photos with Hillary and Ben's nicer camera. You be the judge on how they turned out.

The only slightly usable one, which ended up on the card, even though it's a bit blurry and the lighting is off:

0 comments: