A couple weekends ago I joined Daniel on the road in San Francisco for a little babymoon. Actually I hate that term. So I went on a short trip without the kids while very pregnant. Before I left Sadie told me, "I need to take some pictures so you remember what I look like." Below are a few of those precious pictures. Unfortunately those are the only pictures I have on this post which feature a person looking at the camera. I apologize in advance for all the pictures of sights instead of people.
After a series of small delays and weird issues (one example: my plane circling for a half hour before landing, then descending to a few hundred feet from the runway-with the wheels out and everything-- and suddenly pulling back up to circle for another 15 minutes) I made it to San Francisco just before Daniel's game against Santa Clara. I walked in to find that Santa Clara's colors are maroon and black. What was I wearing? Maroon maternity pants with a black top. Perfect.
BYU played terribly in the first half and barely pulled out an overtime win. The picture above on the right is after BYU hit an important 3-pointer towards the end of regulation. The picture on the left is just of typical Juddy position throughout the game. The assistant coaches are well-acquainted with his backside. I discovered that it is very stressful for me when I get to actually watch the game instead of handing out snacks and stopping Elise from running up the stairs. The baby was going crazy in my belly. After the game we went to IHOP with the whole team. We got back to the hotel room after midnight and I crashed hard.
The next morning we slept in and drove up to San Francisco in pouring rain and drove to some of the sights. Unfortunately rain was the theme of the trip. Oh well. You win some; you lose some. Rather lose on the weather than lose on the basketball court, right?
We drove over the Golden Gate Bridge and looked across...to see a faint outline of the city in the fog. We ended up at a huge downtown mall for our fun day. We ate a good lunch, got some clothes for the girls, and I had the most delicious Ghirardelli's ice cream sundae ever.
Saturday morning I got up to meet my friend from high school, Mara. She took me to a spot with delicious brunch. We spent the next few hours catching up on the last 8 years of life and driving around to the sights of SF: the painted ladies (AKA the Full House house- which one was the Tanner's? Kimmy Gibbler's?), the most crooked street in America, the beach, Golden Gate park, and numerous other cool places. I forgot to take a picture with Mara and I in it. It's really too bad that San Francisco was having record rainfall during my trip. I really enjoyed the city and it would have been even more cool without all the rain.
That afternoon BYU barely won again. I was, again, super anxious the whole time. I am kind of glad I have distractions during the games. I think my blood pressure would be through the roof otherwise. The picture below is the only one I got of that game. I think I was trying to get a picture of Daniel doing something funny doing warm-ups.

Daniel's college roommate Jared and his fiancee attended the game as well. Afterwards I hung out with Jared and Katherine while Daniel went back to the hotel to change. Again, no pictures of people! Blame the baby in my belly- it's always her fault. We met Daniel and the team back at the same mall we went to Friday. We ate some dinner and of course I had to get another of the delicious Ghirardelli's sundaes.

Daniel's college roommate Jared and his fiancee attended the game as well. Afterwards I hung out with Jared and Katherine while Daniel went back to the hotel to change. Again, no pictures of people! Blame the baby in my belly- it's always her fault. We met Daniel and the team back at the same mall we went to Friday. We ate some dinner and of course I had to get another of the delicious Ghirardelli's sundaes.
Sunday was spent flying back to Utah. Traveling with an entire college basketball team and staff takes so much time! It took all day to get back home. The girls were excited to see us and show us the little presents that I had left for them to open each day. So many thanks to Hill and Ben for watching the girls for us back at home.
Despite all the laziness and ice cream sundae eating I did, I managed to not gain a million pounds. Although, between my 24 and 28 week doctor appointments I went from measuring 23 weeks to measuring 29 weeks. That's just the baby getting stronger, right?












1 comments:
Bummer that it rained while you were there, but it sounds like a nice break. I think you're right its a good thing you have distractions. I sometimes don't know you manage the stress of the basketball games even with the distractions! The sundaes sound really really good.
Post a Comment