Thanks to preschool, Sadie has been introduced to the idea of potty words. The first thing she reports most days when I pick her up from school is how many potty words the boys said. She now frequently notes if potty words are part of another word. For example, she heard the name Peter and told me "Mom! That has a potty word in it!" While Sadie mostly views these words as abhorrent, she occasionally gets in a silly mood where she utters one of the words and giggles.
A couple months ago at work there was a mass email with erroneous deadliness sent out. There was a follow-up email saying "We apologize for any confusion and incontinence this may have caused." I just giggled and giggled when I read it. I made sure the employees in offices around me noticed it as well. Everyone laughed. A third, and very apologetic, email correcting incontinence to inconvenience was then sent. I saved the incontinence email in my inbox and read it frequently while I laughed to myself. I finally deleted it today.
So I guess you just never grow out of thinking potty words are funny.
I think I may go un-delete that email.
2 comments:
Certainly my 14 year old students laugh when I accidentally use potty words or words with sexual connotations. I cannot use as an example "If I have two tennis balls..." I no longer get the word "balls" out of my mouth before the class is convulsed with laughter. I have to say, "If I have one tennis ball, and I drop it, and another tennis ball, and I throw it" because apparently 2 tennis balls is beyond hilarious. Sigh.
I think I would do the same with that email. Fortunately, Briz hasn't had too much experience with potty words. She mostly sticks to butt right now, which she thinks is hilarious!
Post a Comment