Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Halfsies

At Sadie's preschool they have a nice little birthday tradition that Sadie has been excited about since the first birthdays happened in September. Since Sadie's birthday is in the summer, I asked her teacher if we could celebrate her half birthday. Her wonderful teacher agreed. Sadie looked forward to this day for the entire month of January. She would frequently ask me to get the calendar out so we could count the days until she celebrated her half birthday at school.
 
So last week on Sadie's half birthday I showed up for the last 20 minutes of class and brought treats. Sadie was so happy. She had gotten to wear the birthday crown all day. Then she stood with her teacher while everyone sang happy birthday. Sadie was thrilled to be celebrated and recognized. She giddily handed out napkins and cookies (that she helped me make) to all her classmates.

PS- Even official 4 1/2 year olds need the occasional afternoon nap

4 comments:

Tina said...

Awwww...

Unknown said...

I love it. She sure fits in that class. I bet she just loves it!

Unknown said...

Sweet. Love how much they love attention and celebrating. Briz needs a nap most days still :/

Also this post made me realize I have no idea when Brizzy's half birthday is. I need to figure that out. She would enjoy it (but then I would probably have to do something to celebrate it).

Lindsey said...

Catching up on your blog - I used to teach at Kids Village! I have about 6 of those red aprons still stocked in my pantry. Such a great school, Sadie is lucky!