Friday, February 28, 2014

Family Date Night

One day last week Daniel called from work and let me know he would be gone all evening at a high school girls basketball game and playing in his own intramural game. I countered with the idea that the whole family come with him. He told me I was crazy since the intramural game started an hour past the girls' bedtime. I thought he was probably right but I just didn't feel like spending the night alone with the kids when he was leaving the following day for 4 days. 

We headed down to Provo in our rental mini-van, which the girls were in love with. (They cried when we got our van back fixed as good as new) After watching some truly terrible high school girls basketball we went to the new Chick-fil-A in Provo. The play place was empty since it was 7 PM. We had dinner and hung out there until Daniel's intramural game at BYU an hour later. It felt really weird walking around the halls of the RB with my 2 children and huge pregnant belly. I wanted to shout out- "my husband is a full-time employee, not a student! I finished my Master's degree here 6 years ago!" 
I think the last time Daniel played on an intramural team at BYU I was pregnant with Sadie (and I still felt old and slightly out of place then). Daniel, Garrett and Garlan couldn't re-create the magic of years past and lost by a few points. They were leading the whole game, but ran out of steam about halfway through the second half. 

All in all the girls were surprisingly well-behaved and we had a good night. 





2 comments:

Meredith said...

It makes me smile to think of Daniel and his friends possibly playing college freshmen. But it makes me laugh to think of the people who were judging you - almost three kids and your husband is still in college?

Unknown said...

I feel like you should spend as much time in the RB as possible, going to a lot of random basketball games. Bring some college textbooks with you and pretend to do hw while your girls are running around.