Sunday, November 22, 2015

Halloween

Finally....only a month late, we have Halloween. 
I am not one who gets into holidays but kids make holidays a lot more fun. No matter what. 
Sadie went to a birthday/Halloween party and dressed up as a bat/vampire combo. She and I both really liked her hair like this. We were trying to see how many hair elastics we could do- 9. 

At the school costume parade the day before Halloween she stuck with the bat/vampire costume but it was cold so she wore clothes under the leotard. As I mentioned before, both Mimi and Papa were here for the parade. Sadie walked by quickly and this was my best picture. 

Elise also had a school Halloween party where the kids were invited to wear costumes. I am not sure why she was exhibiting this range of emotions, but that's just life with Lou.

On actual Halloween day the girls both decided on different costumes. This is why I don't spend any money on costumes! I tell the girls to find something from what we have, which works fine when you have 25+ costumes.
 Elise decided on Cinderella, which is easy to step up a notch. We added a top knot, blue headband and black ribbon around her neck. Throw on some dress-up gloves and she was good to go. 
Sadie chose our Ariel costume, which is slightly less obvious as to who she is, but it's a cute costume along with a starfish headband.
The Millster was a hamburger. I don't think we ever dressed up Lou in this costume, but Sadie wore it when she was the same age.
 Daniel was a great sport and walked around in the hot dog costume all evening. 
The older girls lasted much longer this year and got a lot more candy. 
I love trick-or-treating in our own neighborhood and seeing our neighbors all around. 
One of Elise's best friends, Madi, was also dressed as Cinderella. I am guessing that may have influenced Lou's change of costume choice. We ended up walking with them for a while and they looked darling together. 

We'll see which costumes they choose next year...

0 comments: