Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Seriously, So Blessed

I really miss that hilarious blog. Now I am pretty much living the life the writer made fun of, right? Not really, but kind of.

We are indeed feeling very blessed. Introducing.... Nielson baby #4. 

The only thing I can think much about lately is sickness. I have been nauseous 15/7. About 15 hours out of the day I feel car sick. I am usually at my best the first few hours of the day. Then it goes downhill from there. I have gotten progressively sicker with each pregnancy, but this one took a big leap. I started feeling sick at 4 weeks. I also got heartburn for the first couple weeks. The first time I felt the heartburn was after my first long Saturday training run and I thought somehow that was the cause? I few days later I found out I was pregnant. Since I have never gotten too sick in pregnancy I was sure I would be fine still running the half marathon.  

There are so many things I want to use pregnancy as an excuse for, but here are the main things:
#1- feeling terrible during my half marathon. I was 7 1/2 weeks pregnant. I don't think it really physically affected me, but mentally I let it take over towards the end of the race. I almost yelled at several people who passed me by mile 12 that I was pregnant, so not to feel so great about themselves for passing a pregnant lady. I was also really worried about getting nauseous during the race so I made myself eat small things as I went. Those things tasted disgusting to me and I probably should have just skipped them. It felt like it actually took some energy out of me to choke down things I didn't want to eat.
#2- doing a terrible job documenting all the recent visitors we had. I was at the height of feeling awful during my parents' and Alicia's visits. 
#3- being an all around lazy person. 

Ok, so having gotten all that negativity out let's talk about the fact that we are bringing another person into the world. That's awesome and scary. 
Here are some facts about this fetus:
-ETA June 15th. Most likely coming a week or so before that, if my pregnancy pattern holds. That makes me 13 weeks pregnant tomorrow.
-this was not a surprise
-it has made me more sick than any other pregnancy. By far.
-I am feeling more nervous about this kid than my other kids. 4 kids is a big family. In Utah it isn't unusual, but elsewhere we are weird. 
-this fetus will have a cousin on the John side in February and a cousin on the Nielson side in June. Cousins all around! The only one of our children who will have a Nielson cousin older than him/her, even if it is only by a matter of weeks. 
-Our kids do not know because I am not ready to tell every person I interact with. Probably in the next couple weeks. I have no cute way of telling them. 
-In some ways I feel like the time has passed more quickly because I have been so concentrated on getting through the nausea each day.
-Daniel and I both assume it will be another girl, which we are happy with. We are not having another kid to get "our boy". We are having another kid because we feel like it is the right decision for us right now. If I could choose I would probably choose a girl. A boy sounds overwhelming at this point in my parenting. 

1 comments:

Tina said...

Glad you are having another one as well! It can't be bad to have another great Nielson baby in the world!