Friday, September 12, 2008

Make New Friends, But Keep the Old

I must acknowledge the birthday of my oldest friends, Jennifer Ann and Julia Mar. It has been over 20 years since we first became friends. So you see, by oldest, I am referring to my longest lasting friendships.

Here are a few snapshots from over the years: (Please excuse the flashes in the middle of the photos. Due to my lack of an available scanner, I actually took pictures of pictures from my scrapbook. Very resourceful.)

My 5th birthday party. Since Julia and Jennifer are exactly one week older than me you can basically consider this their 5th birthday as well. Apparently wearing dresses with sneakers and high socks was all the rage in Belmont in 1989.


Our joint 17th birthday party. We went to see Mamma Mia! This is a whole page from my scrapbook; you can click to enlarge.


A collage of some pictures from our childhood I put together for their 16th birthday. Again, click on it to enlarge.


I love these two.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLARK TWINS! I have so many memories of your birthdays from playing Huckle Buckle Beanstalk, to my awesome presents to you (cow mobile? painted block cut outs of your names (when Jen was in her Jenn phase)? pillsbury dough boy shirt?), to watching Lady in White at your sleepover party on Friday the 13th.
You are two amazing women. Thank you for staying a part of my life for all these years. Please enjoy your birthday tomorrow!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, what was up with the Jenn phase anyway? I think I was just trying to differentiate myself somehow. Um is that me with the HUGE bunny on my dress? Let's just pretend that number is on Julia. But really that Pillsbury Dough Boy shirt got A LOT of use. Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Julia Mar said...

Huckle-Buckle Beanstock is my favorite! I think I still have that block cut out of my name somewhere. I'd gladly take the bunny dress, Jen. I was always jealous of that dress, especially on Easter Sunday. Thanks for the shout out, Carly! I think it's safe to say we'll never forget each others' birthdays.
p.s. i'm so sorry about my hair in your wedding pics. Crazzzzy.

The Vieiras said...

hey, you! So, sadly we will not be out to Utah until next summer. We're too poor to travel right now, and I won't be able to travel in my last trimester. BUT the good news is that we will be here at Christmas. We're sticking around for the holidays, so let's get together and laugh at how much my belly is popping out by then.

Hope you two are doing wonderfully! I miss you!