Oh Labor day. A day to rest from our labors. I would like to thank the Central Labor Union of New York for convincing Congress in 1894 to give everyone the first Monday in September off. So in other words, a tip of the cap to the Central Labor Union.
This last weekend was a fun time. Carly's dad Doug came out for Jaqueline's (Carly's cousin) wedding up in Salt Lake. We stayed Thursday night up in the bustling city of Malad, Idaho to hang out with Carly's Grandma John. Malad is always fun considering we eat amazing food and help out around the house. Doug and I may open a tree trimming business as we honed our skills on a crab apple tree. Carly and Alicia (Carly's sister) picked enough fresh vegetables from the garden to last us a month.
On Saturday Doug and I hooped it up in the morning and Carly and Alicia went to some art sale where Carly got an awesome painting for 60 bucks (we must have really needed it). It is pretty big too. After that we went to the football game which was fun except for the ridiculously hot first half, but overall it was fun with the mighty cougars coming out on top. After the game we went and ate at this little burger place in downtown Provo called Sammy's I think, but I would recommend it for the good food and quirky crowd. Sunday was pretty laid back, we had dinner with Steven and Meredith who just got back from Hawaii and then went up to family gathering in Salt Lake.
Anyway as the weekend comes to a close we are getting ready for another school year, only this time neither of us are in school. Instead we are working at them. Carly seems excited to start work tomorrow. I guess that she is excited since she has already laid out her first day clothes and packed her sweet new Toy Story lunch box (those of you that really know Carly will get that reference). Ok so she hasn't really done that, but I wouldn't put it past her to do it later. Well I figure I have bored anyone who has read this far, so if you are still reading give yourself a pat on the back and if you quit a while back then you were smart.
One last thing, we want to give a shout out to Doug for hanging out with us all weekend. It is always a fun time when Doug is around.
Monday, September 1, 2008
Labor Day!!!...Followed by a Boring Post
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Carly, how was your first day at work?
I guess I don't really know Carly because I don't get the Toy Story lunch box reference...
i already read that one...and my comments are at least mildly amusing and not...OMG look at this, i like it. SECOND of all, you're married and are telling married happenings which makes you closer to that blog than me. case closed.
Post a Comment