Our second Specimen of the Day was unanimously voted as my cousin's daughter, Elly. Besides her just being pretty much the most darling little girl ever, we need to up the cute kid factor on our blog to attract more viewers. Since we don't have any of our own, we are featuring Elly. We just met her for the first time when they moved to Provo a month ago. Between babysitting her the other day and perusing her mother's blog, I now feel like I have known her for years (basically her whole life).
Name: Elly, Bubba, Bubby (she calls herself this), etc.Age: About 18 months (That is 1.5 years for those of you who struggle to convert months to years)
Favorite person: Lacy, her mom
Favorite food: basically everything as far as I can tell- she's not picky
Favorite treat: chocolate milk, but only if it is in a bottle. She doesn't drink anything else out of a bottle. When they moved into their new apartment she saw the bottle and decided it was for chocolate milk.
Favorite activity: Changing her doll's/stuffed animal's diapersCutest thing said in our presence: "This is my strawberry shirt. It is so cute." OR After pretending Daniel was sick, she picked up my phone and said, "I will call the doctor. What is his name?" OR As we walked back to her room to change her diaper (she came voluntarily!) she turned to Daniel and said, "See you later, Daniel." Basically everything she says is cute because she is 1 1/2 and she talks really well.
Why she is awesome: She loves to sing/dance/pretend with her toys. For example, when we were babysitting she kept pretending her toy vacuum was broken. She would push it for a few seconds and then lay it down and inspect it until it was "fixed". But just check out some videos of her from Lacy's blog and you'll agree: singing ABC's here, singing Pattycake here, pretend eating here, and eating raisins here. Here is a video we took while babysitting her the other day. She gets distracted by the camera while singing ABC's and asks to see herself.
Lacy, hopefully you don't think we are too creepy, but we might just have to kidnap your daughter. Or at least borrow her sometimes. But maybe we shouldn't, because Daniel will think all kids are as awesome as Elly is.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Specimen of the Day: Elly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can't believe you guys have that creepy photo for the header of your blog. What kind of weird creep took that?
That post was awesome. It looks like all three of you had a pretty good time together. Thank you so much. From all three of us. I still feel terrible that I didn't know it was your birthday!
I have been waiting for you to find Lacey's blog. I have been dying to stalk Elly. Thanks
Post a Comment