We got to play with Booker for the afternoon a few days ago. Our original plan was to go to the kid-friendly pool by our apartment, but the stupid non-summer Utah weather messed that up.
First, we played at the park. (I should probably say Booker played, Daniel watched him, and I sat on a bench)
We walked around the Provo Farmer's Market and Bookman did some break dancing for us.
We then did what all responsible potential parents would--brought Booker to McDonald's.
After an hour at McDonald's we headed back to our apartment.
Daniel and Booker made a fort that Booker kept destroying "by accident". They even had a password to get in. Daniel loves to make things exclusive.
After fort-building, wrestling, and various jumping onto couch cushion games it was time to relax, eat a snack, and watch some Sponge Bob. Booker worked up quite the appetite; he ate a granola bar, banana, and 2 cheese sticks. We knew he enjoyed the cheese sticks because he danced a little and randomly yelled out "cheese head!" as he ate.
I can't believe how much energy 2 1/2-year-olds have. I was exhausted at the end of the day and all I really did was watch Daniel play with him. How do you do it Marg?
4 comments:
I bet yall cant wait for your little one now! haha. It is so much work. And every time you want to sit for a quick break, you never get too! ha ha. When is the due date again? What is her name going to be? Have yall picked any yet?
August 18th is the due date! We don't have a name yet. We won't decide for sure until she is born. We are still kind of going back and forth on some names.
I've been catching up on a few of your blogs entries; first, yay on passing your test! I'm going to bring you some cream cheese braid. Second, your journal entry just about made me cry I was laughing so hard. I really need to dig out my old journals! That was so freaking funny.
I do i by having lots of quiet time for both Booker and I. Separate rooms for at least an hour. Thanks again for watching him ALL DAY! He had such a blast.
Post a Comment