Thursday, June 18, 2009

Spring Intramurals

What's more pathetic than a group of guys who finished college years ago playing every BYU intramural sport?

After their fall '08 championship

Or even a guy on a team like this whose recent knee surgery keeps him sidelined, yet he disagrees with and complains to the officials as if he were involved in every play?
Coaching 3rd base/complaining to umps

Probably me, that's what. You know why? Because I am the wife of the long-graduated, complaining knee-surgery recipient who still goes to watch him "play".
Pathetic me- 31 1/2 weeks pregnant

Last week Daniel's intramural team won their second softball championship. Daniel did, in fact, get a shirt. Did he actually play? Yes. And he batted .500! How did he do this? Very carefully. He batted about 4 times total. He walked twice, hit into a fielder's choice once, and got a hit. A legitimate hit too. He also scored two runs. Daniel literally walked around the bases when he got on. Literally. No running. Once he tried to walk a bit faster as the ball was being relayed to the infield and I was on him quicker than you can blink. (Doctor says no jogging until the beginning of August) It started pouring just as the game ended, so no pictures were taken.

Our kickball team played in the championship the same night.
I do use the term "our" loosely here. Neither of us played in any games, but we watched many of them. So yes, we are in the obligatory loser picture taken after the loss. Notice we are all soaking wet from the rain.

The one upside of the storm that night was the amazing rainbow.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

You recently mentioned in an email that you wondered if I will think you look bigger when I see you in July from when I saw you in May...um you look HUGE in this picture. Not fat, but cute pregnant lady huge. I am so excited to see you in person in July. My precious niece is growing big and strong.

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

I like the picture progression- From Softball, to Pregnant Lady, to Rainbow. If you had a picture of Pregnant Lady under a Rainbow with a Bat in hand I would be even more impressed.
Love, David