Sunday, January 31, 2010

6 Months

It has been over 2 weeks since the last post with a picture of Sadie so get ready for picture overload!!!!!!
(With 6 exclamation points you better be ready)

So the Bomber is half a year. Closer to 1 year than to 0. A full blown baby. During Sacrament Meeting today I swear I could see her growing. I often hear moms say they wish they could freeze time. I don't wish that. I just wish I could be better about enjoying and appreciating Sadie at every age.

Here's some info on Sadie Lady:

1. Growth- She is exploding. Exploding, as in growing rapidly. She now weighs 15 lbs 6 ounces. She has gained 2 1/2 pounds since December 7th! For all you counting, that's a rate of .8 ounces per day. We prayed for weight gain like that in the first few weeks of her life. Now it is here and we love it. For height, she somehow only grew .3 inches since her 4 month appointment and dropped from the 65th percentile to the 25th. Daniel is a little distraught, but our 5'3" male pediatrician said not to worry about it. As you can see in the above picture Sadie will lay on her side, but she still does not roll from her back to her stomach. I tried to tell the doctor that she hates her stomach so why would she roll onto it, but he gave me some exercises to do with her. I think she's just being smart.


2. Toys- This little girlie is so thrilled with herself when she successfully stuffs a toy in her mouth. She usually grips it tightly with both hands to allow for maximum chewing.
As much as we tried to pretend Sadie loved her first basketball, it just isn't really true.


Doesn't this look like one of those awkwardly posed sports pictures
where the kid is kneeling on one leg and holding a ball under her arm?

Sadie will pat the ball softly and lick it, but once it rolls away from her she doesn't care. We aren't worried though. If she loved basketball already, she might get burned out early, right? She does love to watch the ball roll off the edge of her exersaucer.

Speaking of exersaucers, the Sade bomber loves hers. One of her favorite games is to have me put all her toys on the tray for her to pick up, chews on, and then throw each one over the edge. The chewing step is optional.

Finally, her keys. Daniel pointed out that every kid needs some plastic keys. Sadie's 6 month birthday present was some keys and they have quickly become her favorite toy. They are easily stuffed into your mouth and they make noise? Sadie's one lucky gal.

3. Likes & Dislikes- She HATES being the in the car when it is dark outside. Lately she cries whenever I go anywhere at night with her. The other day I tried blasting some classical music and that calmed her right down. Now I can drive in the dark in peace.

She LOVES eating from a spoon. I never know how much to feed her because as long as I have food on the spoon she'll keep going.


She also enjoys her baths. Although now she loves splashing the bath-giver. Look at her compared to 4 weeks old.


4. New Skills- I won't say she is officially sitting up because that would require her to sit up for more than one minute at a time. But this independent woman has decided she prefers sitting up to laying down. It's kind of annoying when I want to get something done. She also loves to sit and chew on her bouncer.


5. Crazy- she still sleeps like a crazy.


In case you couldn't tell from the ridiculously long post, we are thrilled Miss Sadie Rose is in our family forever.

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Ahhhhh! I can't wait to see that chunk in person in a few weeks. Thanks for finally putting up some pictures.

Nick and Lexie said...

I love the ridiculously long post. Her hair looks like its growing quite a bit.

The Whelans said...

I have to admit that I was a little surprised to see that Sadie is 6 months old... It seems like you have had her for so long! I thought she was older!

Carrie said...

Thank you for feeding my Sadie habit and putting up more pictures. And I am totally the same way about appreciating needing to be better about appreciating every stage, the time really does go by so fast.

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

Nice editing job on those naked pictures. I didn't see anything offensive.