Friday, January 8, 2010

A Scary Milestone


On Christmas morning I was eating some delicious cream cheese bread while holding Sadie when I noticed that Sadie was leaning towards my bread with her mouth open. She watched my hand carefully as I brought it to my mouth. She chewed as I chewed. Then she tried to grab it from me and she licked her fingers hoping there would be something there.

It was time. The milestone I had feared since Sadie started spewing milk out of her mouth like a World Class Barfing Champion. Sadie should start eating baby food.
(BTW- People often try to tell us about how their child/a child they knew spit up a lot. When they spend a little time with Sadie they usually end up saying, "Oh, not like that.")

Sadie LOVES food. Especially rice cereal and oatmeal. She is getting really good at eating. What a skill, right? It's funny how eating (breastfeeding, spoonfeeding, etc) really is a skill with babies.

This is Sadie's signature move- the right hand on the food source.

She just wants to make sure it isn't going anywhere. She usually uses her left hand to help guide the spoon into her mouth.
This is what happens when dad attempts to feed her.

I love the rice cereal between the eyebrows. She also ended up with some in her hair.

So, the big question- is Sadie spitting up the baby food? Let's just say we understand if none of you want to invite us over any time soon. Unless you are thinking of replacing your carpet.

Here is the video of Sadie's first eating experience. It's not very exciting. Seriously. I get bored watching it and I am her mother.


0 comments: