Saturday, January 30, 2010

MIA

I know I have been a little MIA lately. I've been preoccupied doing a little of this...




Wedding planning. For my sister Alicia (and her fiance Bryce).
I love it.
This is a little sneak preview of what we have in the works. My sisters and Daniel keep telling me I need to open a business- elegant weddings for brides on a budget. I'm not sure I am good at wedding planning, but I really enjoy getting something nice for a great price. It's also easy to be willing to work really hard to find those nice things for cheap when it is for someone you love.
But you guys can judge. I'll post pictures after the wedding (May 29th). I won't post the budget here, but if you ask me nicely the next time you see me, I'll tell you.

7 comments:

Alicia said...

And it has been a lifesaver for me! Seriously, you need to start a business. So many brides would be so grateful and wouldn't have to spend their lifesavings on their weddings.

lacy said...

Carly, great job! I love all those pix. Let me know if you need help with flowers. I worked in several flower shops starting in High School and ending when Elly was born. I've even done the flowers for several weddings of friends.

Tina said...

You should definitely start a business...you are AMAZING at planning and putting together a wedding reception. Wait until people in Belmont see how amazing Alicia's reception is. Then you could move to Boston, and all the Belmont ward people would hire you!

Megan said...

Looks great so far! If you need any help with flowers, let me know! Too close to baby time for me to actually take on a wedding, but I'd love to give some ideas if you want! I've definitely worked on several low-budget weddings. Weddings are lots of fun. :)

Carly said...

Thanks for you help offers, Lacy and Megan. The wedding is in Boston, Lacy, so I assume you probably can't make it out to help? (As much as you'd love to bring Elly and baby boy to Boston)

What are the cheapest ways to do nice bridal party flowers? Which flowers are cheapest, in season, etc? She wants mustard yellow and light blue flowers.

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

Wow, what a way to find out Alicia is engaged...
That's awesome!

Summer said...

Carly! I'll go into business with you! I have thought about starting a cheap chique wedding planning business for years! And I'd love to work with you! Hope all is well.