Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Don't Cry Because it's Over. Smile Because it Happened.

Cheesy quotes are so great. They bring me right back to when I was 12 and kept a quote book. It contained such insights as "If you love something let it go. If it comes back, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was." and "No boy who is worth your tears will make you cry". So, so deep.

Anyway...we in the Nielson household are all smiles now that the basketball season is officially over for Daniel. No tears over here! Well, Sadie may be shedding a few tears that she doesn't get to go play in the arena during games anymore, but I love it when I get my husband back.

Last week we attended the Great West Conference basketball tournament. Look at Sadie, sporting the UVU shirt and the headband that actually started out on my head.

Sadie and I arrived early enough to see the teams introduced (first time that's ever happened).

She immediately got to work playing on the stairs.

Why watch the game when there are stairs to be played on?

Stairs are also apparently a perfect place for some light reading

She ran over to show me a picture of Willy the Wolverine in the book- didn't even notice her dad in it.

UVU won the game in these pictures, but lost the next one. Too bad they couldn't repeat the magic of last year. Too bad, so sad. Oh well.

Like I said, the season is officially over!!!

0 comments: