Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Park Day

We recently had our first official park day in Utah. To be honest, it was terrible. I learned my lesson about bringing an 18-month-old with no sense of danger to a place with dangerous opportunities aplenty while I am carrying an extra 20+ pounds straight off the front of me (a pregnant belly). Makes it a little difficult to chase/climb after a reckless toddler. Next time daddy will have to be there to chase her.

It all started off innocent enough on the swings, aka "weeee".

Sadie loves the swing.

Then she moved onto the playground.

I was surprised and so proud of her that she climbed up and went down multiple slides by herself without my prompting.

But then Sadie started doing things like this:

(She actually climbed all the way to the top of one of the slides this way)

And this (at the top of the stairs):

(The highest point on the playground and she didn't understand she could come down the slide. The width of the staircases up there are about the same as my hips. I shimmied my way up there multiple times to retrieve her.)

And this:

(May not look like much, but that platform is about 4 feet off the ground. She ran over there, plopped herself down, and scooted herself to the edge until she fell off and I caught her- barely. I got this picture after she had been scolded for doing it and she got right back up there.)

Then Sadie started running away from the park to the street

and I had to literally run after her, which is hilarious- to everyone but me

She did that 3 times. And that's when we left. Sadie screamed the whole walk home.

What a little booger.


4 comments:

Kaylie and Garrett said...

A cute little booger!

Alicia said...

I love that picture of her. That just became the new background of my computer.

Basically, I am obsessed with your family. Just kidding. Maybe...

Tina said...

I'm sorry it was such a hassle at the park, but you have to admit that she is JUST SO CUTE. Definitely make Daniel come next time, and do all the chasing.

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

While reading this I too was struck with how cute Sadie really is. What an adorable child you have.