![]() |
| with Uncle Matt |
You are not going to believe this, but Elise has spent the past month getting cuter.
Getting cuter, and hitting milestone after milestone. I make of fun of parents who say things like "stop growing up so quickly!" but I actually feel that way with Elise. She has been rolling all over the place for the past 3 weeks and she is already scooting a bit. I wish she would just slow down a little. I don't want 2 mobile children.
She loves the exersaucer, although she gets a little overwhelmed when her hands get stuck or if she hits too many buttons that play music at once.
Lou smiles all the time. Besides when she cries, of course. But most of the time she is happy.
Constipation is not Elise's friend. It causes many of her tears. More on that later.
(I guess, is constipation anyone's friend?)
![]() |
| Modeling a too-small 0-3 month swimsuit that left deep indents in her shoulders. Oops! |
Last week I took Elise in the pool for the first time. She loved it until she needed to poop and I hurried her out to change her into a real diaper. Yes, we were swimming in 90 degree weather on September 30th and on October 6th we had snow. Someone bring me some autumn please! Good thing I am going to Boston in 2 weeks to get some for myself.
Milestone alert: baby food!!!
![]() |
| Couldn't wait for the rice cereal- had to eat her arm |
I swore I would wait until Elise was at least 6 months old but I was desperate to find something that might help her sleep better at night.
She hated the rice cereal. Like, a lot. I thought maybe she just couldn't figure out how to swallow it, but then I noticed she seemed to be purposely pushing the food out with her tongue. This was confirmed when I fed her prunes a few days later and she swallowed almost everything.
Sadie got jealous I was feeding Elise. She kept whining for bites (see above- that's not laughter, it's first class whine). When I finally gave her a bite she was too proud to admit that I was right (it's yucky) but she said "no more, Mommy".
Actually, if Elise could talk she'd probably say the same thing. No more rice cereal for her! I might try some of the other infant cereals but for now we are sticking to prunes because they keep the constipation away!







3 comments:
that's funny about sadie. I let Anna feed Eliza something like macaroni beef baby food. She asked to try it and said the same thing. It's yucky. Yep, it's baby food.
Call us if you have time while you are out here.
Elise has such big, beautiful eyes. I can't believe how grown up she looks compared to a month ago when we saw her. That picture of Sadie whining made me laugh out loud. 2 year-olds are the best!
Constipation and I are best friends.
When are you going to Boston? I am coming to Utah the 21st to the 29th. Please tell me I will be able to see you. Otherwise, I will be really really angry.
Post a Comment