Sunday, February 3, 2013

Ideal Weekend

After insisting January was the worst, last weekend was probably the closest to perfect I could ask for. Of course, take into account Daniel was out of town, so it was ideal given the fact Daniel was gone. 

On Friday we had a play date at the Faucettes. The previous few months Sadie had been struggling during play dates, so I assumed there would be lots of tears and pouting. 
 Hunter and Sadie played well together for hours. I think we were there for almost 6 hours. The kids were excited about their ice cream reward after dinner. Another miracle- both of my kids just sat and ate their dinner without complaining or stalling. 
 We came home in time for the girls to go straight to bed. I love when that happens. 

On Saturday we ran a bunch of errands, including making a stop at the distribution center for some stuff for my brother Matt for his mission. The girls each picked out their own tiny scriptures and Sadie got a little case to bring to church. I didn't realize her friend Claire has the same case so she was insistent she needed it. Elise carried those scriptures around for 2 straight days.
 After naps that afternoon we went to the Orem Rec Center pool with Hillary. Elise dove right in. Literally. She has no fear of water. Sadie was nervously whining at the side of the pool while Elise splashed around. Once Sadie saw that her little sister was having fun she got in too. No pictures of the pool. Too bad. We had a movie night when we got home and went to bed. 

Sunday brought the dreaded long morning before church. I got my Sunday School lesson wrapped up, made treats, got dinner in the crockpot, and painted Sadie's nails. I tried putting Elise down for a nap at 11 AM and what do you know? She fell asleep. Complete with her leg out of the crib slats. I had to wake her up to go to church, but I'll take it. We got to church on time with our hair done (and clean). Elise was much better behaved during the last hour of church. No big tantrums. 

Daniel got home just in time to open the door for us as we walked in after church. 

The ideal weekend: friends, swimming, well-behaved kids, church, aunts, and yummy food. 
Just missing dad. Basketball season is over in 6 weeks. 



1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds fun and busy!