Monday, February 25, 2013

Nana & Papa

My parents came to visit this week. It was nice. I wish my family all lived closer. I also wish my parents could watch my girls every day while I went to work. Sigh, I guess a free babysitter at my beck and call is too much to ask for. 

My girls woke up on Saturday, the 17th, to their Nana and Papa. Sadie knew they were coming and was ready to show my mom every single thing in our entire house. Papa bribed the girls with a trip to Krispy Kreme for donuts and chocolate milk.

Elise was looking mighty cute (and grown up!) eating her donuts. This girl has been looking so much bigger lately. 
A little while later we hit up the play place at the University Mall. Sadie suckered my mom into playing with her. My parents took turns holding Elise while chasing Sadie. Elise was happy to be the one doing the chasing and Sadie was happy to have a playmate. I usually do something horrible and force Sadie to play with other kids, so she was happy to have fun grandparents. We did a little shopping and ate lunch at Chick-Fil-A. That night after the kids went to bed the adults watched Pitch Perfect, which I found fairly hilarious, but my mom thought was a little too dirty at parts. If you are on the fence about seeing it, the humor is kind of a mix of Baby Mama and Mean Girls, but not quite as funny as either of those movies

Sunday we went to hear Hillary speak at her church. Sadie surprised me and requested to stay and go to Hillary's primary class (2 years older than her). She did fine but got upset when they tried to sing a welcome song during singing time. Daniel got home after 5 days away, which made all of us happy.

On President's Day Hillary, my Mom and I set out for the outlets in Lehi. We didn't necessarily plan this, but we ended up shopping for 6 hours. We found some cute clothes and great deals. We also just talked a lot. Daniel was very upset he missed out on this day. That night we all went to our new favorite restaurant, Cubby's. The only downer was they were running some sort of promotion that night and it was packed. 

Sadie was being weird while waiting for her food. 

And then she got even weirder when I tried to get a picture of everyone. Elise was glued to her shows on Daniel's phone. That night the womenfolk went to The Chocolate for some dessert, where I got called a dinosaur by a kid we ran into from Boston. It was a high point for me.

Tuesday was my mom's birthday. She didn't really get anything special. Sorry Mom. We got her some gloves. Tuesday night Hillary, my parents, and I went to a dinner and speech from James Ferrell. He's written several thought-provoking books. We all enjoyed it, even if the average age of attendees was about 79.5. We got to see my aunt and grandfather, so that was nice.

On Wednesday Nana came to dance class with us. 
Sadie's class isn't quite as fun as her old one because we have to stand outside and watch through a window, but it's still pretty darn cute to watch 3 and 4-year-olds dancing around.
After class Sadie wanted to take a picture with Nana doing a super hero pose.
That night Daniel and I got to go out to dinner by ourselves. We thought about doing something else fun after, but my eyes were getting heavy and I was ready for bed. We are so old.

We did a lot of hanging out at our house with our girls. It's hard to go and do a lot during the winter with 2 toddlers. 
Sade took this picture of one of her new Berenstain Bears books. I bought a box of used Berenstain Bears books off eBay. I have given 5 to her so far. Sadie is enthralled with this series. I kind of enjoy them a lot too-- childhood memories. Her favorite so far, No Girls Allowed, was one of my favorites also.
Elise enjoyed climbing in and out of her infant car seat. We finally switched it out for a forward facing seat in Daniel's car. 

Both girls have been asking for their grandparents. Especially in the mornings. Tonight Elise got upset and cried for Nana. It was adorable and sad. Hopefully we'll see you again soon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my Elise is looking more and more like Miss Sadie girl! Such pretty ladies!

Tina said...

This makes me both happy and sad. I love those little girls, and definitely wish that we lived closer!

Unknown said...

Your review of Pitch Perfect is exactly how I would explain it. Dead on. Looks like so much fun having your family around. And Elise is getting so big! Crazy how fast time goes by. We will be out there in a few weeks and I can't wait to see all of you guys.