Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines

 I worked hard to get this banner that Mimi sent us on the wall. I couldn't get it to stay up. Sadie worked very hard making Valentines to mail out to family. She wrote her name, put on some stickers and had me transcribe some awesome notes to people. 
We had our annual family Valentine's dinner on Tuesday since Daniel is gone all week. Don't be too jealous of how fancy we are. Sadie helped a lot with the ribbon around the back of the chairs. And wouldn't you know, they turned out perfectly, right? I also added some little bags of candy to the table just before dinner, which was a huge mistake. Elise knows exactly what candy is so she refused to eat dinner and started throwing things on the floor while yelling "candy!!!!". Except Elise saying it sounds more like "kenny!!!". 
The girls each got a gift as well. I can't help but be a little proud of myself for scoring some sweet after-Christmas sale items. And then even more proud of myself for remembering they were hidden in the basement. Sadie got a scooter and Elise got an activity cube thing. They have been fighting over the scooter almost nonstop. Sadie kind of rides it, but Elise just pushes it around. I don't get what the draw is for her. 
Today I let Sadie pick out some flowers at Costco. I was confused at the mass of people around the flower section until I remembered it was Valentine's Day. Sadie and I had a little movie date with Sleeping Beauty after Elise went to bed. Sadie told me all about how she can be a super hero and stab the mean dragon lady in the face with her super long sword. She got a little violent with her story, but I like that even though she loves princesses she also pictures herself as the hero of the story. She ended the night with a birthday phone call to Paco that concluded with a silly-name-calling battle. Those two have a great relationship.

Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Birthday to Tom/Paco!

2 comments:

Tina said...

I AM impressed by your valentine's day decorations. you've set a high standard for decorations and gifts that I hope you can keep up. I am also impressed that you 1) got stuff in after Christmas sales and 2) remembered that you got some stuff and where you had put it, so you could get it out for Valentine's Day.

Unknown said...

Oh man! You reminded me that I need to be so much better about taking pictures of fun times. Looks like a fun day. You're such a good mom.