Saturday, March 1, 2014

Nana

My mom left last Sunday after her annual pilgrimage to Utah for February school break in Boston. Again, I did terribly at taking pictures! I am the worst! My mom got to experience how lame and cranky I am this pregnancy. So that makes the Maxfields, the entire Nielson family, my mom, and of course, the Salazars that have gotten to see how un-fun I am during this pregnancy.

She flew in late on Valentine's Day and drove down to our house the next day for Daniel's biggest home game of the season against #15 Gonzaga. We arrived at half time to find BYU down by 5 points or so. BYU came out strong in the second half and kept it close. With a few minutes left the Cougars pulled ahead and I took this picture during a time out. My mom and the Salazars were treated to the best home game I have seen this season. 
I was so excited for the team and happy for Daniel that they pulled out the win. This means that they will hopefully get into the NCAA tournament. As long as they don't completely screw up in the conference tournament. 

On Sunday we celebrated my mom's birthday- the big 6-0. Here she was trying to talk on the phone and Elise just wouldn't leave her alone. Lou decided she loved Nana best during this trip and constantly begged her to play. 
 I made an easy crockpot dinner and Hillary made this cheesecake. Yes, it tastes as good as it looks. Better, actually. The whole thing was gone by the next day.

Below I wanted to document a regular occurrence at our house. Elise goes back an hour or so after dinner and wants to finish the last few bites. On this night she took the bowl off the table and stood there eating. Weird girl.

And so ends the pictures I took during my mom's visit. She spent a few days after Sunday up in Salt Lake visiting with her dad and sisters. Then she came down and helped tremendously with my kids while Daniel was out of town. She and Hillary cooked and cleaned while I ate, took naps, and probably complained about being pregnant. 

Thanks for visiting Mom! We'll see you in a few months after baby girl #3's arrival! 

1 comments:

Tina said...

It was great to be there. I loved every minute of it, and loved that Elise wanted me to play with her (most of the time). I hope she feels the same way after baby#3 arrives)