Friday, March 28, 2014

A Mad, Mad March

This second half of March truly has been madness, in a good way.
Mostly because BYU made it to the Sweet 16. This is the first time Daniel has been involved as a coach with something so exciting. I mean, he regularly makes faces this intense no matter the game situation, but it's fun to have a bunch of people noticing when he does it. Before the tournament I really wanted them to make it to the NCAA so Daniel's season would be over quicker (because they'd lose). But it's been so fun to watch them win twice.
 I started out watching Monday's game on my computer since Directv's ESPN2 was showing a different game. That makes total sense, right? Show a Tennessee game in Utah while BYU is playing.
The girls paid a little attention. Sadie watched most of the first half before she realized Elise was just getting to stay up late and play. They made a giant mess of our house while I was engrossed in the game.
 
I was screaming and clapping by myself as I watched them beat Nebraska on Monday night. I laughed so hard at the scene above. I was planning on going back to capture a picture (ESPN2 started showing it around this time and I recorded it), but a friend sent it to me so I didn't have to. BYU is the third 12 seed to ever make the Sweet 16 in the women's tournament.

And then we have just been busy with lots of other stuff. 
Probably the biggest time consumer being that I volunteered to be in charge of our department-wide Library Awards last year, before I knew I'd be super pregnant. Got those over with last week.

We've watched Frozen 3 times in the past week. Sadie has requested Elsa braids a few times. This is my interpretation of an Elsa braid.

 We spent the 70 degree afternoon at the park in tank tops a couple days ago. Then we got some snow yesterday. Par for the course in March.
    
Watch BYU take on #1-ranked UConn Saturday on ESPN at 2:30 MST
OR stream it online for free at watchespn.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Impressive braid! And we will be watching and screaming along tomorrow.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.