Sadie has not been to a birthday party since last September. Then in the month of February she went to 5 parties.
First up was Hunter's party, where Sadie was very shy because it was all boys she didn't know. She perked up when she got to be partners with Hunter during one of the games. And yes, she did plan on wearing all purple that day.
Then we attended Claire's party at the Sullivan's house. This was a party where families were invited and we got to meet/hang out with the family who rented our old townhouse. It turns out Daniel knew the wife from summer semester at BYU before their freshman year in 2001. That made me laugh. I wish I could have gotten her alone to ask her about what Daniel was like. Although he probably wasn't too different than when I met him a year and a half later at the beginning of 2003.
Sadie also went to Anna Gaines' party. This was the first birthday party I just dropped Sadie off and picked her up for. She was nervous that it was going to be all boys like Hunter's party, but she came home excited about the all-female attendance. Sadie could not be swayed on what she picked out for Anna's present: a super cheap gumball machine, an Avenger's hand-held light-up fan, and some princess bubbles.
I mentioned we attended our neighbor's 3rd birthday party on Valentine's Day.
The fifth and final party was for a girl in Sadie's preschool class. I felt like this was a big step. Sadie's first party for a kid that I didn't know at all. I tried to talk Sadie out of going because she lives 20 minutes away from us, but Sadie had her heart set on it. The invitation said to come dressed in your finest princess attire. For Sadie, this is, of course, her Princess Jasmine costume. That costume is beautiful. Sadie had me do her hair like Jasmine, in 3 ponytails centered down the back. When we walked into the party Sadie immediately ran off with a few girls from her class. I introduced myself to the parents and left wondering when Sadie got so old (cue Madonna's "This used to be my playground").
Needless to say, Sadie is really looking forward to her birthday in 5 months. Lots of plans- a Jake and the Neverland Pirates/Princess party at the pool or at our house where there are no parents, just me and Daniel.


3 comments:
She looks so cute all dressed up! My oh my- How did she grow up so fast?
I have clear memories of being the only girl at Chris Palmer's birthday party when he turned 5 or 6. I remember being nervous. We have never thrown nor been to a birthday party for Wes or his friends...when does that start, 3? It is probably because we moved, if we had been in NH this past year we probably would have thrown a party.
Sadie is really popular. And the Jasmine outfit is awesome.
Post a Comment